Tyr Drum Front

pat

Hi,

Sorry but I cant find any of the previous postings about TYR front brake improvment by using YZ shield,

Will ask any of you who have done this conversion, what year(s) of YZ front shield is working with TYR front hub?

Cheers,

Nigel Birkett was selling the front plate you want, not sure what year or exact model it is off though. There is also a twin leading set up that fits but is a rare one, off a early YZ I think .

Nigel Birkett was selling the front plate you want, not sure what year or exact model it is off though. There is also a twin leading set up that fits but is a rare one, off a early YZ I think .

I bought one as a back up in case my std yam one ever cracked (which they do apparantly)....it wasn't cheap but it looks like new......it's got an external brake arm as opposed to the internal one on the std mono one.

Thanks,

Rare ^_^ scann loop in JP :D

Std has been welded by former owner, working condition but far from perfect.

...remachining the hole, add a bush for brake arm spindle and "re-positioning" of the stud for other end of the shoes....

(that what is done...rear brake is now absolutley perfect)

• 5 months later...

Just putting mine on, it's been sat on the shelf for yonks!.....the external brake arm is a fair bit longer the the internal STD one so i'm guessing it'll give a better brake....I'll let you know how it goes on my next trial in a few weeks time :biggrinsanta: