Evo: Unleaded Or Super Unleaded

doctorbeta

Just a discussion point. Lots on here about using super unleaded as opposed to straight unleaded, which I can see in the case of fairly high compression ratios. i.e. a Rev3 is about 11 point something to 1 (I think ), but my 250 Evo is only 8.9 to 1. Just wondered where the advantage comes for those extra pence per litre.

Just a discussion point. Lots on here about using super unleaded as opposed to straight unleaded, which I can see in the case of fairly high compression ratios. i.e. a Rev3 is about 11 point something to 1 (I think ), but my 250 Evo is only 8.9 to 1. Just wondered where the advantage comes for those extra pence per litre.

To my knowledge and experience,SUPER unleaded or higher octaine fuel,will make the bike crisper and run slightly smoother,no more power,just cleaner burning!

Its worth buying a tank full and trying it!

Benz

Simple,

For any Internal combustion engine, whether it be Cetaine for diesel or octane for petrol.

The higher the Octane number the better.

In basic terms, you get much better throttle response as the flash point is higher. Burns a lot cleaner so no big carbon build up. And it does give a slight BHP increase.

i would suggest any one using either

BP Ultimate or Shell optimax which i think is a couple of octane higher than BP. Simply try it, you will notice a difference.

And if you want a bit more, you can get some Putoline Octance booster, which will make your octane figure around 102ish.

Honestly Try it.

Here is a good explanation to understand Engine Knock.

http://www.torquecars.com/articles/fuel-octane-ratings.php

^_^

Edited by hrc_monty