Starting Up Again, What Brand Of Kit Now Days?

hugh_b

Hi guy's, i rode trials for a few years when i was 12, i'm now 21! I've done quite well at biketrials but I'd really like to get back onto a bike with an engine, just for the enjoyment of it really.

When i rode hebo was the kit i always used and it always held up well and was a nice fit. I noticed a few newer brands such as Jitsie which i quite like the look of, how does it compare and what brands tend to be the best now days?

I was thinking of going for a ful jitsie kit and possibly helmet providing the fit is good along with a decent brand of boots.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Hugh

Jitsie's about the same as Hebo so no problems there. Their helmets have a nice feel to if you find the right fit. Gaerne Oiled are the best boots but also the most expensive. They are the only truly waterproof ones out there and comfy. No that's my opinion but I'm sure you'll get lots on others.

I recently bought a Spada helmet. Really comfy, more so than the Hebo which was nearly twice the price. Looks the part, and has a removeable liner. Diadora Stone3 oiled boots, doing ok so far, not immersed them yet but they have the waterproof liner. Try to go with what is comfortable rather than worry about branding. We are all different shapes and sizes, try as much stuff on as you can.

• 2 months later...

I seem to notice lots riding with the NAU helmets these days.. not too pricey either. Any here got them?

I have one and like it. I think its a good looking helmet with better fit and finish than the Shiro I previously wore. The NAU is about the same weight as the Shiro. Even though it doesn't have as many vents as the Shiro, it doesn't seem any hotter. BTW the vents on the Shiro look big on the outside of the helmet, but, when the liner is removed you can see the vents are much smaller than the screens on the exterior.

• 2 months later...

I have one and like it. I think its a good looking helmet with better fit and finish than the Shiro I previously wore. The NAU is about the same weight as the Shiro. Even though it doesn't have as many vents as the Shiro, it doesn't seem any hotter. BTW the vents on the Shiro look big on the outside of the helmet, but, when the liner is removed you can see the vents are much smaller than the screens on the exterior.

I agree. The nau helmets are good. Picked mine up for about 50 quid and it's really comfy. it also soakes up sweat really well.