Any Of You Ride A "proper" Road Bike...........

nomates

If you ride a road bike as well as a trials bike, do you try & keep your feet up?

I try to, at junctions, traffic lights etc, usually end up putting a foot down though if it's a long wait :crying:

Edited by noMates

Well, due to the fact that I am a bit of a nut case.... I try to ride everything like my trials motorcycle. (without the crashes)

With my Ninja I try to keep my feet on the pegs at all times, even resorted to standing up if necessary.

I have a 1968 250 Puch that was on the road (it broke now) and I did the same with that.

I do the same when riding bicycles

I have this little 80cc yamaha quad with a rigid frame that will go over a 2-3ft log and balances on 2 side wheels nicely.

I do tend to drive my wife a bit insane............ :crying:

I think it is all good practice for the next trials event.

I do tend to drive my wife a bit insane............ :crying:

I think it is all good practice for the next trials event.

Insane wives are a handy accessory for most Trials riders.

Please don't tell my wife I said that. <_<

My mate Dan was a good trials rider and he was warned by his instructor that he'd fail his road bike test if he continued to keep his feet up whilst stationary at road junctions and traffic lights etc....bloody jobsworths... :crying:

Back in 1990 i was doing my course to pass me bike test and the instructor said lets all do a go slow race to show throttle n balance skills. I stood still next to me mate and finally beat him whilst the instructor had to ride back to us. It was a laugh doing that course as me and my mate just rode at the back pulling wheelies and stoppies and then we both went on to pass first time.

I actually got a ticket for this when living in the States. I was accused of doing a California stop at a stop sign, ie dip brakes if nothing coming go. The law is you should come to a complete halt and then proceed if safe to do so. I actually showed the cop I could balance with my feet up, but still got the ticket as he reckoned it was dangerous