Disc Valve Position

turps

HI can anyone tell me where to position the disc valve in relation to TDC or BDC on a 1980 tl320. I cant see any marks on the engine and as I received the engine in several boxes I am in the dark. I think that the disc should start opening just as the crank goes past BDC but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi Ross, just got the engine and gearbox together, still have to sort out the outer casins cosmetically and plate a hole where the chain has damaged in the past. Should have that done tomorrow and then I can start on the frame etc. Still on target to have it running for next month fingers crossed. James

• 7 months later...

You said next month. Waiting

Yeah I know but having a lot of trouble with the Beamish at the moment. The reason that I retired from the last trial was that the 5th gear dog had broken and the engine is stripped and ready to rebuild only problem being I have not yet sourced a replacement, waiting on a bloke to get back to me. AS soon as thats sorted then SWM will soon follow,(hopefully)

• 9 years later...
On 2/25/2011 at 8:29 AM, b40rt said:

It's OK, if you like the sound of nails being dragged down a black board.

She is far nicer in the flesh and is a very amiable person. Met her at Brands Hatch where she was covering a feature on one type of car racing, I can vouch that when she was not mixing it with ‘ the boys’ she would spend her free time playing with a 2 year old child belonging to a fellow competitor....nice ?

• Like 1