Scorpa Swing Arm Refitting

firebladepully

Hi,

Has anyone on here had the joy of refiiting the SY swingarm?

Had a bit of a clart on removing it, especially watching out for the brake pipe.

I have noticed it is a rather snug fit against the brake cylinder when trying to reinsert the arm back into the frame. Was thinking if i removed mudguard, rear silencer and middle box along with the airbox, the arm would then fit in better from a more of an above approach.

Anyone got any better tips/ideas???

Cheers,

Paul

Leave it alone then try again.....it's pretty easy really, although quite annoying when you lose the washer thingys that sit on each side.

It is of course easier with the mudguard off but only cos it blocks your view a bit !

I found it easier to get one side slightly 'on' then ease/force the other into place. :banana2:

Cheers for that. :banana2:

However, the mudguard wasnt the issue, it is a part that needs to come off to get to others :wacko: It was the middle box that was in the way of the left side of the arm and knowing that these are a tad fragile, dint really want to force it against this, so didnt take any chances and removed it.

Once the airbox and middle box was out the way, the arm was an absolute doddle to slot in from above and even the thrust washers stayed put :huh:

While this far down i had an inspection of the carb for good measure along with the shock, put it down to quality garage time and getting to know my way round the new addition :rotfl: