What Van?

liampritch

I'd say personally, either the Nissan Primestar, Vauxhall Vivaro or Renault traffic...

This may be worth a read;

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/index....c=27531&hl=

FWIW i wouldnt touch one with a bargepole. Got rid of mine as sick of all the electrical problems. Also know of other owners whove reported loads of electrical probs and gear selection problems.

FWIW i wouldnt touch one with a bargepole. Got rid of mine as sick of all the electrical problems. Also know of other owners whove reported loads of electrical probs and gear selection problems.

Id second that :D ive got a 53 plate transit now and its much better.

Edited by betabonkers

Id second that :D ive got a 53 plate transit now and its much better.

its swings and roundabouts mate. i bought a 53 plate ford transit and since then I have spent more than what it cost to buy new in repairs! its now sat down the road waiting to be picked up (sold for 350 quid as a non runner).

ive heard of alot of people either having no end of trouble with the transit or absolutely no trouble at all.

the only ones you dont seem to hear going wrong are the merc vito and the VW. personally if I had to go for a smaller van I would buy a VW now. unfortunately i require a LWB high roof van and theres a significant price difference!

Ive now steered away from the van route as none of them seem to do the job nearly as well as they should. ive bought a 5 x 12 x 6 box trailer and a Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian. all for business use though because at the moment I dont have a bike =(

all the best

Tom

its swings and roundabouts mate. i bought a 53 plate ford transit and since then I have spent more than what it cost to buy new in repairs! its now sat down the road waiting to be picked up (sold for 350 quid as a non runner).

ive heard of alot of people either having no end of trouble with the transit or absolutely no trouble at all.

the only ones you dont seem to hear going wrong are the merc vito and the VW. personally if I had to go for a smaller van I would buy a VW now. unfortunately i require a LWB high roof van and theres a significant price difference!

Ive now steered away from the van route as none of them seem to do the job nearly as well as they should. ive bought a 5 x 12 x 6 box trailer and a Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian. all for business use though because at the moment I dont have a bike =(

all the best

Tom

my vw lost 4th gear at 100k, not the only one, only other trouble was turbo hose blowing off.

Vito has been better and the 100k waranty the best. had a couple of erg valves a battery and rear light led cost nowt. its on 70k and feels like new. Will change for another sometime soon new front shape out in the next month or so the vw has gone backwards imho with the bi turbo the top models are miles apart now.

Alot of brass mind you.