What Van?

liampritch

....but not that nice to drive.

Depends on your point of view.......................a van is always a van

Never going to be be a high performance sports car with similar road holding, is it

There may be better vans to drive...................but personally I can't see the point of 175bhp in a van, with the aerodynamics of a shopping trolley

I couldn't be doing with a rusty Vito/Sprinter or a T5 with DMF/clutch or electrical gremlins

If Toyota is reliable enough for the Taliban.....................then it'll do for me :D

Depends on your point of view.......................a van is always a van

Never going to be be a high performance sports car with similar road holding, is it

There may be better vans to drive...................but personally I can't see the point of 175bhp in a van, with the aerodynamics of a shopping trolley

I couldn't be doing with a rusty Vito/Sprinter or a T5 with DMF/clutch or electrical gremlins

If Toyota is reliable enough for the Taliban.....................then it'll do for me :D

horses for courses I guess, when you do the occasional very long trip, 1000 miles down to the Spain wtc in one go for instance, the toybota isn't really an option.

At 70k my vito is completely rustless as is my old t5. T5 on original clutch at 105k.

The new vito has 220 bhp before chipping. bring it on!!!!!!

I have 2010 Vito and 2004 Hiace.

Hiace has done 200000 miles. Never had a fault. Brilliant, no rust. Basic reliable, fantastic value.

Vito has been remapped, drives good. Looks and feels more modern.

For me. Hiace for work and serious use. Merc for pleasure.

Tried Fords and LDV before. Never again.

I have 2010 Vito and 2004 Hiace.

Hiace has done 200000 miles. Never had a fault. Brilliant, no rust. Basic reliable, fantastic value.

Vito has been remapped, drives good. Looks and feels more modern.

For me. Hiace for work and serious use. Merc for pleasure.

Tried Fords and LDV before. Never again.

Well said, objective and balanced.

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...

I was reading those posts there,, an had a few wee laughs.. jist around 3 or 4 posts up from this one,, a guy said... the best van on th eroad is a Transit,,, i fell off ma coputer chair laughin... I have like the guy before me,, a T4 vw... ave had around 6 off them 2x 2.4`s an a always said,, if ye kin get a good 2.4 keep it,, but then i had 3 2.5 tdi`s 103`s.. great vans,, would take another in the drap o a torn bonnet... am currently on a 1.9tdi... its a good workhorse,, but I say BUT,, its lackin in the Horses... but still good... I dont want breath takin speed fae a van.. if a was ad buy a 170 VWT4 or T5.. but jist now am nursing a 99 1.9 tdi wi 68 horse around,, an really its fine... its a lot less hassel than a 2.5, but wi a 2.5 theres ample speed an power... i can put two trials bikes an gear in the back comfortable... or one,, an me lying aside it.. as fur reliability.. a would`nt go anywhere else than a VW T4. JOhn

Edited by afk40

I was reading those posts there,, an had a few wee laughs.. jist around 3 or 4 posts up from this one,, a guy said... the best van on th eroad is a Transit,,, i fell off ma coputer chair laughin... I have like the guy before me,, a T4 vw... ave had around 6 off them 2x 2.4`s an a always said,, if ye kin get a good 2.4 keep it,, but then i had 3 2.5 tdi`s 103`s.. great vans,, would take another in the drap o a torn bonnet... am currently on a 1.9tdi... its a good workhorse,, but I say BUT,, its lackin in the Horses... but still good... I dont want breath takin speed fae a van.. if a was ad buy a 170 VWT4 or T5.. but jist now am nursing a 99 1.9 tdi wi 68 horse around,, an really its fine... its a lot less hassel than a 2.5, but wi a 2.5 theres ample speed an power... i can put two trials bikes an gear in the back comfortable... or one,, an me lying aside it.. as fur reliability.. a would`nt go anywhere else than a VW T4. JOhn

not too sure if I understood all that, but yes the vw's are reliable, as has the vito's i've had, and the warranty on the mercs has been exceptional.

My vw T% 178 dropped 4th gear at 100k and the gearbox man said it wasn't the first. So they all can give trouble.