Tiger Cub

daveg

hi,just bought a 64 frame 61 engine tank wheels etc.want to make a trials cub.not ultra competive just a few easy trials.got to build up engine any mods to done.should i convert to points on side what sort of ignition(rex gaunt type).carbs.have a set of 69 b25 forks.any good (better than cubs).any suggestions

Seems most people go for the PVL electronic ignition now,or look at the Electrex world website,their kit seems to work well. I'm in the middle of fitting one of their kits made for a C15/B40 onto my HT5 Ariel,neat little unit that gives 27 degrees of automatic advance.

As for carbs alot are using Dellorto's around here,the old Keihin Honda CB125 unit is becoming less fashionable.Hope that helps.

lots of rubbish that you need this and that for a cub. essentially get the miller footpeg kit, get a wide swing arm pvl esential bike wont run better but it will run the same all the time forever gear it right engine sproket. gearbox and rear sproket and your ready for life after that a dellorto and you ll have lashed 600 quid and be ready to ride..

HI MATE IF YOU WANT THE BEST AND MOST RELIABLE IGNITION AND SOUND ADVICE FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS TIGERCUBS BETTER THAN ANYONE I WOULD SPEAK TO ALAN WHITTOM FIRST HIS NUMBER IS 07711218818 IVE USE HIM LOADS AND HES ALWAYS HELPFUL ON THE PHONE .

GET THAT CUB SORTED AND I HOPE TO SEE YOU ON A DALE CLASSIC TRIAL SOMETIME .

• 1 month later...

thanks guys thats the ignition sorted.next the rear tyre what size tyre and rim fits the sammy miller swinging arm.ive bought a pair of cerinias 32mmm are they better than the oif.b25 forks i was going to fit.also whats the best round or square barrel im confussed.ive just joined a club.dabbers club cambridge still trying to find place to practice,very friendly club not to serious so i dont have to go worring to much about regs as im just a beginner.