Natc Meeting

kramit

I would like to suggest a topic for the upcoming NATC Meeting. Term Limits. How about after attending the meeting for 3 or 4 years....your OUT. Or perhaps you could still attend but only as a spectator. I am sure this will offend some of the older members, but this is a progressive sport.....not a historical society. I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

I would like to suggest a topic for the upcoming NATC Meeting. Term Limits. How about after attending the meeting for 3 or 4 years....your OUT. Or perhaps you could still attend but only as a spectator. I am sure this will offend some of the older members, but this is a progressive sport.....not a historical society. I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

Sounds like a man volunteering to do some work!

I am inclined to agree with kramit, there are a few things that need to be changed and people too.

The problem with the NATC is that they are opposed to to any change other than ones that benefit the members of the board.

Trials is a sport with great potential as long as the right people are given the ability to put in some work and given some flexibility.

Some of the members of NATC abuse the power they are given.

Well that sounds like two volunteers. Anybody who's tried to run any trials organization knows it's like trying to herd cats. Trials riders are by nature control freaks so no matter what gets done somebody else is gonna be sure they got it wrong.

One other thing I've noted over the years is there is always someone crying for "change" and complaining about the stodgy old guys who won't change for the "good of the sport" Usually these are new riders who don't realize their bold new ideas have been tried repeatedly over the years and been failures.

I am inclined to agree with kramit, there are a few things that need to be changed and people too.

The problem with the NATC is that they are opposed to to any change other than ones that benefit the members of the board.

Trials is a sport with great potential as long as the right people are given the ability to put in some work and given some flexibility.

Some of the members of NATC abuse the power they are given.

It is not if "the right people are GIVEN the ability to put in work"

It is if "The right people STEP UP and put in the work"

Please go here http://www.natctrials.com/about.htm to understand how one would be invited to the meeting, it is essentially a grass roots thing where one demonstrates leadership qualities at the local club level, then works hard volunteering to do some tasks for their club and the NATC (the national series benefits).

Lately, fewer Diplomats have been in attendance and we are undergoing a concerted effort to find younger, responsible members willing to volunteer to get some things done.

I am concerned if there are NATC representatives that abuse their power, so please email me privately to share this information with me bbehling125@yahoo.com. Please clearly identify who you are, so I know the issue is legitimate, and I will address the matter.

As to change...in 2010, a Clubman line was adopted...apparently hugely successful. Just HAVING a series is a big deal. The NATC constituent clubs work very hard to cater their events to the national riders and our 2010 organizing clubs did an awesome job. The NATC continues to strive to make a national event "easier" to do by supplying many things to the organizing club.

If you have ideas for change (and are a nationals rider), get with your club representative and have him bring them to the meeting, or include it in your rider poll survey. Any idea needs to be fully thought through. For example, who is going to do "it" (whatever "it is), how does it affect the organizer? How does it affect the riders? Does it impact the rules? Etc.

Thanks, and my best to all,

Brian Behling, CEO

NATC