Whats Your Thoughts On This Controversy ?

monkeyboy

2 weeks ago my local club held a 'trials training day'.

Broken down this consisted of 1.5 hours of practising on 8 sections that had been set out, then 3 laps of these 8 sections with a score card.

Bearing in mind this 'training day' had no effect on any club championship points in either the 'A' or 'B' route.

I ride whenever i can but am new to the sport of trials in only the last year and so i enter the 'B' route. I work away from home from 4 - 6 weeks at a time and so this day was only the second time on my bike in 8 weeks due to work and holiday commitments.

Myself and A.N other set off in the morning and rode both the 'A' and 'B' routes in the hour and a half practice session. We were first to return to the last section and i asked if we could start as the rest of the riders had not finished training/practicing.

We set off with our punches and cards and rode/cleared the first section. The second section there was still no one behind us so i rode/cleared the 'B' route whilst A.N. other dabbed and picked up a point. We then also rode the 'A' route and cleared it.

We came to the third section where i entered the 'A' route first, got mixed up after the third flag and stopped and left the section. I then re-entered the section on the 'B' route that i was down as riding, rode and cleared it. At this point A.N. other pointed out that i had 5'd the 'A' route and so should mark my card with a 5. I pointed out that i was 'officially' riding the 'B' route on this training day and we then separated and i continued to ride the first lap on my own doing both routes until my second lap where i caught up with other riders and only participated in the 'B' route so as not to disturb the flow of the other riders.

The 'B' route was very easy even for me, which i went on to 'clean' on all 3 laps in accordance with it being a 'training day' and easy sections, which also had a 3rd white route for the youngsters.

After the event A.N. other went to the officials and claimed i had 5'd the section and i was therefore given a 5 on the results. The result didn't matter to me in the slightest as there was no glory/club points/prizes involved.

What do you all think to the conduct of this individual and the manner in which he went running to the officials ??

Personally it makes me sick to think that a so called friend would act in such a way, making such a light hearted day out for all involved turn into a total farce.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Edited by MoNkEyBoY

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you continuing to keep this going ?

Are you intent to trying to cause trouble on this forum also ?

You are now onto your fourth forum keeping this going, so much for someone who states that it had been resolved with one of the committee.

2 weeks ago my local club held a 'trials training day'.

Broken down this consisted of 1.5 hours of practising on 8 sections that had been set out, then 3 laps of these 8 sections.

Bearing in mind this 'training day' had no effect on any club championship points in either the 'A' or 'B' route.

...And..????

..where's the problem?

Why are you continuing to keep this going ?

Are you intent to trying to cause trouble on this forum also ?

You are now onto your fourth forum keeping this going, so much for someone who states that it had been resolved with one of the committee.

Intent on causing trouble ??

You sent a PM on the east coast forum saying that my post was embarrising and that you bet i am ****ting it incase i get banned from the club !!

WTF :thumbup:

THE DBF is one of the people who seemed to have a big problem with me cleaning the 'B' route. I can't see why because for someone who regularly scores 15 - 20 points he only scored 2 on the day in question, giving some insight into how 'easy' the sections were.

Edited by MoNkEyBoY

I can see how it looked? Its fine while you were practicing you can practice riding the A or B route, but then when you had a punch card (Yes I know it was only a training day) you chose to ride the B route?

You went into the section and rode the A route and got a 5, did you go the wrong way???

Look its only a bit of fun more so as it was a training day, don't blow this out of proportion.

I would have given you a 5 :thumbup::) if I was observing.

if you were entered in the B route the B route you should have been doing. when you go through the start cards of a section you are legally doing that section, as for coming out before the end cards results in a 5. read the rules about trials and it will explain this. if you wanted to try the A route you should have waited till you had finnished and went back for a play .hope this clears up this problem.

Yes i understand after speaking to a club official that re-entering any section is a 5. In which case i would have had around 45 - 50 points after the first lap. I suppose i got off lightly with 5 :thumbup:

The club is AMCA affiliated not ACU and it was an un observed trial.

Can't understand why certain individuals would want to ban me over this ............

Edited by MoNkEyBoY

Yes i understand after speaking to a club official that re-entering any section is a 5. In which case i would have had around 45 - 50 points after the first lap. I suppose i got off lightly with 5 :thumbup:

Can't understand why certain individuals would want to ban me over this ............

To be honest it is rediculas a lot of individuals take the time to put on events like this

and people like you just want to complain and cause problems for every one.

just go out and ride it dose not always go your way but that is life trials riders learn to take the good with the bad

I would have thought AMCA would have a rule book like the ACU handbook?

Contact the AMCA HQ, sure they must have rules, maybe not identical to ACU, but there are probably similarities for settling disagreements?

Big John

I've observed at plenty of trials and would have given you a 5.I've rode plenty with no observers and would have given myself a 5.

You chose to ride that section on the A route.

But,hey it was a fun event and it doesn't matter right? Your new to this and will learn the rules.