Whats Your Thoughts On This Controversy ?

monkeyboy

It underlines the fact how important it is to have observers even at Trials such as this,the same situation could arise all over the UK every weekend at any Trial if there was no observers,some riders can't be trusted to keep the sport of Trial True when scoring themselves.

Would the Monkey have tried this if observer was on section.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant see any controvesy.. you were entered in the trial on the B route.. entered the section and rode the wrong route... thats a clear 5 self marked or not. excellent that it was a practice day followed by a non championship trial so during the practice you did A and B routes and had a fun ride round putting some time in on your bike. then the trial started.. you were enetred on the B route. you should have only ridden the B route. that you didnt shows a lack of understanding on your part and is part of your personal learning curve. that a rider pointed out you should have had a five is fair enough that he spoke to officials is also fair enough you did after all drop 5

laugh at yourself.. you will in a week or so

I get the impression it's way beyond that.

Sorry DBF I'm NOT going to remove it, none of this breaks any rules and until that starts it stays. If nothing else it serves as a strong reminder to other people what happens when they pick up a wrong score and accept it. Doesn't matter how close you're mates are, they'll bitch like buggery if you sneak a few marks off him.

i cant see any controvesy.. you were entered in the trial on the B route.. entered the section and rode the wrong route... thats a clear 5 self marked or not. excellent that it was a practice day followed by a non championship trial so during the practice you did A and B routes and had a fun ride round putting some time in on your bike. then the trial started.. you were enetred on the B route. you should have only ridden the B route. that you didnt shows a lack of understanding on your part and is part of your personal learning curve. that a rider pointed out you should have had a five is fair enough that he spoke to officials is also fair enough you did after all drop 5

Nail on the head - learn from this, laugh it off.

If you have have words in the club or mates, hands up, take it on the chin, speak to the correct people and get out on the bike enjoying yourself.

Lifes too short.

Just read your PM - well in 6 weeks time get out on the bike enjoying yourself and in mean time make any bad good.

This has been a good posting.

1: yes it's a 5

2: why bother about someone who 'tells' on you

3: only a mess around, get on with your riding

The amount of times I've fived a section by going wrong way (either intentioanlly or unintentionally) is ludicrous, you can only laugh at yourself and carry on.

If someone wants to be a gimp and moan about it, laugh at them. Not worth the hassle for a fun trial

I think you should have your etiquette observed and given a 5 :thumbup:

I dont understand your point as you seemed to stressed about the situation of your own doing. Maybe this lesson session is something you need to reflect on and take a step back and forget the indivdual, i have seen top riders at non stop hop backwards foot and still get a clean whilst i have been likewised five for merely a brief stop, but hey ho is life. Just enjoy it after all its just a bunch of folk riding around in the mud.

I believe that prior to the start or whilst the trial is not finished then you should not ride in the flagged area to practise or you may risk a 5 or dismissal from the event.

Nail on the head - learn from this, laugh it off.

If you have have words in the club or mates, hands up, take it on the chin, speak to the correct people and get out on the bike enjoying yourself.

Lifes too short.

Just read your PM - well in 6 weeks time get out on the bike enjoying yourself and in mean time make any bad good.

This has been a good posting.

Good reply, next time you do a trial, ask the organisers if you can help remove the flags at the end of the day, that way you get some extra practice and help the club as well, better still, ask if you can help set the sections up before the event, then you get to ride them before any one else gets there , either way, don

Simple one for me to be fair. You had the chance to practise then entered the trial proper. It was a just for fun trial that didn't count (aren't they all)? Anyway I would have expected you to have not handed a card in at all or taken fives in all sections. Surely each section started and finished in the same place and had combined parts with A route splitting off at some point. That means you rode at least part of each section twice per lap. This is a five everytime in my book. I personally wouldn't have handed a card in at all if I'd done this. That way no one would complain and you'd have had all the fun you needed.

As for someone putting in a complaint. That up to them. I may have commented to the organisers but lifes to short to complain and it spoils your fun mixing with the same rider at the future events.

As an admin on here like Slapshot I don't think this should be deleted. Its a good lesson to others who are new to the sport. Maybe your should both join an ACU club where the rules are clear and clubs are friendly.

Simple one for me to be fair. You had the chance to practise then entered the trial proper. It was a just for fun trial that didn't count (aren't they all)? Anyway I would have expected you to have not handed a card in at all or taken fives in all sections. Surely each section started and finished in the same place and had combined parts with A route splitting off at some point. That means you rode at least part of each section twice per lap. This is a five everytime in my book. I personally wouldn't have handed a card in at all if I'd done this. That way no one would complain and you'd have had all the fun you needed.

As for someone putting in a complaint. That up to them. I may have commented to the organisers but lifes to short to complain and it spoils your fun mixing with the same rider at the future events.

As an admin on here like Slapshot I don't think this should be deleted. Its a good lesson to others who are new to the sport. Maybe your should both join an ACU club where the rules are clear and clubs are friendly.

Thanks guys, i agree with everything you are saying here Bigfoot and if i had known at the time that i would have 5'd every section for doing both routes then i wouldn't have bothered handing a card in.

As for joining an ACU club that is already in motion for myself and 2 other guys that i ride with.

I appreciate almost everyones comments and suggestions !!!!!!

Edited by MoNkEyBoY

Good reply, next time you do a trial, ask the organisers if you can help remove the flags at the end of the day, that way you get some extra practice and help the club as well, better still, ask if you can help set the sections up before the event, then you get to ride them before any one else gets there , either way, don

Agreed. If you lay out a trial you shouldn't ride the section unless you're not competing. I set out a few and am doing one this weekend for BAMCC. I'd do so without a bike. This trial I can do with a 4x4 and for others the club have a quad. Even if you ride a different route to check it out while setting up you usually find your riding at least part of your own route in the process.

At the end of a trial however you can ride as much as you want taking the card in. I dont generally agree with riding them until the trial has completely ended not just your part in it. If you change the section while playing at the end and some riders are still competing then you could muck up thier ride.

Agreed. If you lay out a trial you shouldn't ride the section unless you're not competing. I set out a few and am doing one this weekend for BAMCC. I'd do so without a bike. This trial I can do with a 4x4 and for others the club have a quad. Even if you ride a different route to check it out while setting up you usually find your riding at least part of your own route in the process.

At the end of a trial however you can ride as much as you want taking the card in. I dont generally agree with riding them until the trial has completely ended not just your part in it. If you change the section while playing at the end and some riders are still competing then you could muck up thier ride.

I agree that it is wrong to ride a section that you have set out prior to competing but asking people who have set out not to compete would just about finish us off as a club.

Without riders setting out sections, we wouldn't have any club trials and probably not enough people to set out any of our Nationals either.

I agree that it is wrong to ride a section that you have set out prior to competing but asking people who have set out not to compete would just about finish us off as a club.

Without riders setting out sections, we wouldn't have any club trials and probably not enough people to set out any of our Nationals either.

Pete, I'm not suggesting those who set out shouldn't ride the event. No, we all do that in our club too but you just shouldn't ride the section as you set them out or before the trial itself starts. I can't think of anything much worse that a non rider (past or present) setting out sections.