Checking If Its Stolen

monkeyboy

If i was to travel down south for a nearly new trials bike that is not road registered, is there any way of checking if it's stolen on-line or would you have to take the frame/engine number and contact the police to see if it had been reported as stolen before i part with some hard earned.

Normally i have a bike courier i use to pick bikes up and deliver them but they are road registered and are easy to do HPI check on etc.

Cheers

I tryed to do this on the DVLA webb site with no success, without a registration no.

Spoke to a Policeman with no success, (surprise surprise) however if you buy it and register it for off road use only (free)

see leaflet on DVLA website inf85 you can find out if its been stolen, not much use by then !

Monkey, when you drive down there to pick it up, be carefull you take the correct route down mate :lol:

Is there more than one route down south ??

2010 GasGas txt 280. Seems cheap and low use, and it is south of the border. Seller says he's giving up trials but he's only just bought it. Never bought a bike before that's not been road registered and easily checked !!