2010 Txt Pro 280

monkeyboy

I'm thinking about buying a 2010 280 txt pro, although it has had very little use, is there any known faults with the 280 pro and if so what are the most common things to look for on them.

I have a 2008 scorpa 250 just now and had a 315r for a short time before that. Will there be a big difference going from the Scorpa to the gasgas ?????

2009 & 2010 300's aren't the softies they used to be mate. They do soften off but out of the box the are pepperami. I'm going for a 2011 250 soon. This will be the first non 300's in about ten years. My 2009 300's is great but it took a long time to get used to and the 250 can do anything the 300 can in clubman hands.

My 09 300 is very smooth not snappy at all and is completely standard apart from a differnt pilot jet.

I have not fitted a flywheel weight like some do and Ive had the bike from new.

But is has loads of torque! but I like it like that

it will go up anything .

A 250 is obviously a lot softer and smooth also.

If I did not get another 300 I would buy a 250 not a 280.

cheers

I suppose it depends what you want from a bike and the conditions you ride in. Over here it is dry most of the time and I have a preference for strong bikes. I absolutely love my 2010 300 and cannot imagine going back to something as soft as my old 2.9 Sherco, or worse, a Beta. Jap zaps and the like are a blast with the zippy and powerful motor, but my friend on his Evo does seem to have an easier time where the traction is bad. As far as faults my bike has been very reliable, and I ride quite a lot. If there was one thing I would like to improve is the exhaust mounts as they crack quite often, thankfully they supposedly have with the 2011 models. Maybe it is just me being a little rough on the bike.