Tlr 200 Carbie Floods On Sidestand

keychange

Hi - I am a new owner of a 1982 TLR 200 - in Australia. The bike was in pretty awful condition when I got it with lots of corrosion, rusty tank, tyre rotted out etc. I spend about 4 weeks cleaning it up and I filled it fuel and it fired first kick and ran - so far so good.

I now have it running quite well but fuel pours out of the breather pipe when I place it on the side stand. To make matters worse the fuel tap in tank doesn't close so I fitted an inline tap - I know, I know - it means a 10 inch fuel line :lol:

I have adjusted the float level as low as it will go - but the fuel still floods all over my newly painted casing ;)

The guy I got the bike from said that it was always a problem when he had it.

Suggestions please.

Cheers

Andrew in Oz.

Edited by keychange

could be the tlr perenial problem of a flooded float, they do seem to suffer from it, my tlr floods on its stand every now and then, but my mates was like a tap, he managed to seal the hole up, if you take the carb apart, the flaot should sound like the fuel is sloshing about in it whan shaken.

you can seal them, but a new one is better, if you can find one.

good luck.

Turns out there were leaks in both floats but it is quite easy to solder. Tested several times in warm water first couple showed minute bubbles still slowly coming off but eventually I think I have it covered for now - I will keep my eyes pealed for a replacement. Thanks for your help

Edited by keychange

• 1 month later...