god damn sherco! expensive problem!

stushine

well, my sherco has let me down yet again.

was riding around at the weekend, nothing spectacular as im just a begginer really, only been riding a year.

my mate shouts over to me that my chain looked slack, so i stopped to have a look, what a shock i got... this is what i found.

IMG_1047-vi.jpg

IMG_1048-vi.jpg

no idea why its failed, i didnt fall off, drop the bike, smack it off anytihng..

been quoted

WELL I'D CHECK OUT IF A 2001 IS THE SAME AS A 2004 OR AS DAMN NEAR AS MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO SART WITH. IF THAT IS A NON RUNNER I'D FIND A DECENT ALLOY WELDER. LOOKING CLOSELY UT LOOKS SIMLY LIKE THE METAL HAS FRACTURES RATHER THAN BEEN SHEARED OR TORN OFF. HAD THE SAME HAPPEN ON A BIKE I'D HAD AS A RESULT OF A WHOOPING GREAT WHACK IT HAD HAD MONTHS EARLIER.

Looks like someone slipped a gas gas arm in there while you weren't looking :P

That arm in the ebay ad won't fit, the rear brake was mounted above the arm instead of being tucked away. Your rear wheel won't fit in there unfortunately

Well....this is unfortunately one of the things that can happen when you try to keep everything as light as possible. I would have the broken area welded and ride it while you watch for a reasonably priced replacement. The broken area be ground down in a "V" to allow good penetration and a weld that passes as far down as possible. Then as suggested previously - have additional aluminum welded on the top and bottom as a reinforcement.