One Peice Tank/Seat TL 250

brianconnell

First post from Brian in Australia and already chasing advice. Restoring a TL 250 and trying to locate tank/seat unit to fit, similar to one on Jim Susan's made bike that 'Big John' has posted pictures of elsewhere. Spoke to Trev from France and he suggested asking here. Trials stuff not huge in Australia but we can help you with advice on sharks/poisonous snakes and spiders.

Brian

You will be incredibly lucky to find a tank/seat unit like that, a copy of the Honda works tank fitted to the 70's bikes.

An option would be a Seeley tank/seat unit which is very close and could possibly be made to fit although I've no idea how they compare dimensionally with the TL. They consist of an aluminium tank which has the fibreglass tank/seat unit as a cover. The cover is available as a new reproduction item here in the UK but you would have to have a tank made, or adapt something else to fit underneath to hold the fuel.

This is the website

http://www.classictrial.co.uk/services.html

scroll down the page and you will come to the Seeley tank

Thanks for the advice on the seat/tank units. Looks like it may be a little difficult. Some have said to me why I am bothering with an old TL, but as I got the bike for nothing I was going for a certain look for it. After seeing some pictures of others looking good I thought it may be possible to do the same. Already chopped the bottom frame rails away so might consider more frame mods to make Seely unit fit after more investigations. Thanks again

• 1 year later...