trails bike

anthony

hi im thinking of getting my son a trials bike for christmas he is 11 years old and has never had a trails bike before and has little experience with motorbikes would any of you experts have any advice on what bike and size to get him ??? i was looking at a beta rev and go !!!

Thought being, he may be getting a bit large for those rev and go things, and would not last long.

If he wants to learn to ride, surely there is a way to teach him the clutch and gears, and the Beta and Gassers and such with a real gearbox and or full size wheels seem tough as nails and will last years. Still gentile at 70-80cc.

My brother who is 10 has a 2007 Beta rev 80 which is a great bike to ride and I (16 years old) love to ride it instaed of my 250 lol.

My brother is a big 10 year old and he can also ride my 250 no problems but he loves the 80 and probably wouldn't trade it for anything (except an evo).

The 2008 Beta rev 80 has bigger diameter forks as well as a four piston front brake caliper as opposed to the 2 piston on the 2007 80 which seems a bit weak. The 80 engines have a surprising amount of torque but they also love to rev. A few weeks back I saw a 35 year old on a gasser 80 and he was doing intermediate stuff on it which amazed my as he is not exactly light. Also don't bother with an old 80, eg, Yamaha ty 80 as we did that with a mechatechno 80 and my brother just couldn't do anything on it but we bought the rev 80 and he just seemed to have more skill straight away as well as the confidence boost in a newer bike. Both bikes seem really good and pretty much bullet proof but if I was buying one I would get the Beta preferably a 2008 or newer as it has the bigger forks to accomadate for the 14 year olds that have to ride them.

Cheers Brad, hope this helps.

Oh yeah and our one has the full size wheels and the 3/4 size frame. which is the way to go.

Edited by BetaNZ