Beta 300 4t oil leak

fpete

I had good luck doing 3 different bikes by replacing the head gasket, making sure every surface is oil free before reinstalling, using a small amount of a product like Yamaha bond or Honda bond on the cam chain cover and torque everything to spec. Worked for me.

Has anyone found a fix for the oil leaking from the head of the Beta 300's. Mine continually dribbles from the cover to the cam chain bearing cover and the head gaskets.

Before you go through the trouble of replacing the Head Gsk, try re-torquing the head bolts.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all, I'll give it a try.

Fpete

Fpete, did you try cylinder head re-torquing? My 2009 4T/250 does not leak oil, it started to leak water today. Not just a few drops, but it was more like spitting when the engine was hot.

Ripa

WaterLeak.jpg

I think I found the reason for the water leak. This has nothing to do with the original topic, but maybe good to know, anyway.

There is a hole in the bearing housing of the water pump shaft. If the pump shaft oil seal brakes, water goes in the bearing housing and comes out through the hole.

Here you can see the hole on the right side of the pic, and the water pump shaft on top of the cylinder head.

vuotokohta2.jpg

The head gasket does not block the hole, only half of it, as you can see from the mark on the gasket.

vuotokohta.jpg

If there was no such hole, all water would mix with oil when the water pump shaft oil seal brakes.

Ripa