TY SWING ARM MODS

curly newbold

does anyone have any info on how much the swing arm was lengthened on ty250`s someone has moved my shock mounting down,like on a majesty, but all this has done is raise the rear up in the air , and its flips over alot . im looking to gain abit more grip by extending the length of the swing arm and thus lowering the rear at the same time . any ideas ?

Most add a inch to the swing arm behind the lower shock mount and it seems to help.

I added 2 1/2 inches to the front of the swing arm and moved the pivot point ahead, ie.. closer to the motor by 2 1/2 inches. This mod takes a lot of cutting and welding but does really seem to help with the rear wheel hopping on the down hills.

You say that it flips over a lot, Do you mean back over front or front over the back?

With the shocks laid down I'm guessing the bike tries to loop over backwards, mine does which isn't helped by the front end being tightened up as well. At the moment the wheelbase is around 1 1/2 inches shorter than standard & even with a very sick motor the front gets light too easily

Can you give us more detail on how people lengthen the swing arm while retaining the strength