New Owner of Swm

davyb

Picked this TL 320 up on saturday off a guy called Charlie Harris,very nice chap to talk to,going to remove the lights, switches and wiring loom,put a little paint here and there, free the clutch off or new clutch plates.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk254/Davyb63/DSCN0110.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk254/Davyb63/DSCN0109.jpg

Edited by Davyb

Thanks Stu

Need help! Where do you drain the clutch oil, and what oil and how much? Changing the Swing arm bearings,they look like nylon bushes, is this correct, if so i will make some more.How does the seat attach to the tank as mine looks like its fixed to the tank bracket with self tappers.

Cheers

Dave

Ive got some paper work saying it was imorted from Italy 15 years ago,and informed that italian models are a year before uk got them, so as it is no blue frame.

Still need help with my clutch oil, if theres anyone can help.

Ive got some paper work saying it was imorted from Italy 15 years ago,and informed that italian models are a year before uk got them, so as it is no blue frame.

Still need help with my clutch oil, if theres anyone can help.

Clutch should free off if your ride around for a while with the lever pulled in.

Be very careful when attempting to drain the gear clutch oil, it is very easy to undo the kickstart spring stop nut by mistake.

1000cc 10w40 is what I use.

Swinging arm is silent block and generally trouble free.

See this site to help identify year http://www.motoswm.com/

What is this Kickstart Spring stop nut, and where do you drain the oil!!!

With the bash plate off directly under the kickstart shaft there is a 17mm Hex head bolt.... DO NOT remove, the drain bolt is further in and should be a flat allen bolt.

Tony

Thanks for that Tony.Ill leave well alone!

Bike in bits at the moment,the Silent blocks on the swing arm, one was not good ,going to replace them with Nylon bushes.

Thanks for the help Lads.

Hi The manual that has been kindly sent to me from motoswm shows 1200ml of oil and recommends oil drainage through the two black plastic screw caps on the clutch cover and lay her on her side. This is so the bash plate doesn't need removing which can be a bit of a hassle to refit. This may not be a concern in your current state of disassembly.

• 3 months later...