Model 91: How rare?

sherpat250

Hello,

I've been told that my M91 Sherpa T (250cc) is a fairly rare machine, especially here in the US. If so, what makes it so rare, and does anyone know approximately how many of them were made? My frame & engine serial number is 91-000620. Any particular quirks to watch out for on this model, difficult parts to find, etc? I hope to have it back in vintage competition next season after a 30+ year hiatus!

Hello,

I've been told that my M91 Sherpa T (250cc) is a fairly rare machine, especially here in the US. If so, what makes it so rare, and does anyone know approximately how many of them were made? My frame & engine serial number is 91-000620. Any particular quirks to watch out for on this model, difficult parts to find, etc? I hope to have it back in vintage competition next season after a 30+ year hiatus!

I wouldn't say the Model 91 or 92 (325) was a particularly rare model! I have one of them and spares are not really a problem, except for maybe a genuine useable tank seat unit nowadays.

Big John

Thanks for the comments...It is interesting to note that well over double the number of 325s were made as compared with the 250 model, according to the book. When you consider that only a portion of the 250s were exported to North America, it does give some credence as to why it would be considered "rare" here. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to riding it once again!