Road Racing Team

gizza5

Ok peeps!

This year while resting my back after major back surgery I have been helping out ''The Addict'' with pit crew for his brother who is not bad competing in the raod races (he is Bl**dy Quick)

2010 was a good year and expectations were high going into the last round of the championship trailing by 1 mark to lift the silverware. Unfortunately things didn't go according to plan with a flat spot on a new engine and he binned it at over 120mph trashing the bike!! Those on FB have seen the photo's?

Things could have been worse as the bike is a 2005 model worth about 5K and he took out most of the top boys when he spilled it on their 50k plus machinery :mellow

So what does 2011 bring well ''The Addict'' and myself have taken it on to run a race team and take some of the pressure of Tim his brother, New bike, new sponsors hopefully and a succesful season to look forward to. The only thing is we haven't got a team name? So all the people that know us will no doubt come up with some witty names (these will always be considered), but serious names would be good?

Tims bike was looking a bit tired towards the end of the season and was held together with ''Gaffa Tape'' so we used Team Gaffa as our title, hopefully with a better bike and sponsors we can go up market a bit

I await the replies

Cheers

Mark & Justin (he smokes rollies, drinks loads of Red Bull and eats 10 Star Bars a day)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for copey's and Slapshots posts :thumbup: as Mark has said above we need a name quite quickly so we can move things on, my first suggestion was an easy option, M&J Raing or M&J Superbike, M for Mark and J for Justin. Does'nt have to be our names or initials just something suitable for a motorcycle race team. Tim rides in the open class, 1000cc bikes or Superbikes.

Any help will be really appreciated, Team T shirts and cap for the best suggestion :thumbup:

I seen this post this morning with one eye open. You guys are nuts! Hope you do not kill the poor lad!

First thought to mind, "The Destroyers", borrowing from Raga's bs!

Yet as the day progressed, it became blatently obvious,---!!!!!

T & A Racing (Tim and Addict) Not to be confused with any other suggestive meanings, of course.

Not to leave Mark out, but unless you want the "TAMpons", as a name, it just does not work!

:thumbup:

Not to leave Lamps behind(pun), I would envision a team logo that includes a charicature of him bent over a bike showing nothing but man boobs and plumbers crack! Big smile, of course!

Edited by copemech

The thing about Star Bars is that they look the same inbound as they do outbound...so are you sure that Justin is not just recycling them?! :blink:

Anyhow....Are non of you lot GasGas fans?

You could call yersels: Team JaM Ragas?

OK :icon_salut:

Wayne

Can't wait for copey's and Slapshots posts :thumbup: as Mark has said above we need a name quite quickly so we can move things on, my first suggestion was an easy option, M&J Raing or M&J Superbike, M for Mark and J for Justin. Does'nt have to be our names or initials just something suitable for a motorcycle race team. Tim rides in the open class, 1000cc bikes or Superbikes.

Any help will be really appreciated, Team T shirts and cap for the best suggestion :thumbup:

If Tees and caps are going a begging then Team FLUBs is probably out the question. How bout Rollin Along, Justin's Rollies and well if Mark fell over he could roll along as well ( I'll pay for that, I know!!). You can't have Red Bull Racing.... how bout All Bull Racing.....could be a long night shift this ( Yes stuffed with man flu but still working....)

Just to be serious, yes I know...... :unsure:

I think Team Gaffa fits pretty well and if you get in touch with the manufacturers there may be a tasty sponsorship deal in there, play to the jingoistic side of things, spent ages trying to get Fabreeze to sponsor a smelly hockey team. Thing is with the team name you want your main sponsor to be hanging that handle on there to get maximum exposure for them and you.

Thanks for the replies guys, Donald, Team Gaffa is a name that always brings a good laugh at the meetings, I would dearly like to have it as our name but I think alas next year may need something a little more serious to go with, although still an option. You have though rung a bell in my head in the first paragraph that may get you a cap and T Shirt??? will have a word with Gizza in the morning and see what he thinks :thumbup:

Thanks Phill, keep them coming please, need to have a name for next week if possible. Few pics below of bro, one of him getting his trophy and champers for the second time this year for winning the Buildbase Trophy and the bike in the holding bay after his crash which is being rebuilt by myself as we speak

errrr????? not sure how to put pics up??? will have a look tomoz

Thanks Phill, keep them coming please, need to have a name for next week if possible. Few pics below of bro, one of him getting his trophy and champers for the second time this year for winning the Buildbase Trophy and the bike in the holding bay after his crash which is being rebuilt by myself as we speak

errrr????? not sure how to put pics up??? will have a look tomoz

Kenny Racing..;)

I guess Justin did not like the Tampons suggestion! Pity! I canot fathom why he dislikes the T&A!

Perhaps they are soo overwhelmed by suedo profffessionilism that a suedo name is no longer called for? If that is the case, I pity them, yet still, ???

Based upon Justin alone, and a compromise, Goodwood Motorsports sounds professional and all that! Screw the dingies that can't hold a hammer! Oh well! I tried! :rolleyes: