Garelli 323

lee harris

I have been offered a 323 Garelli twinshock with a HIRO motor. I know these bikes are few and far between and I know also that HIRO parts are scarce. Any feedback on that? Is the kickstart shaft really designed to break after 376 starts? Are spares available?

The bike is complete and has not had a hard life but it is also quite expensive at 1600

Run Lee run! From what I know too, it would be the opposite experience as any Fantic you have owned! Are you off the Fantic kick now for some reason?

run to it or run from it?

Still Fantics are the best for todays stuff. I was asked by a mate down it italy as its a bit special.....maybe like bird flu???

There are kick start shafts made from a higher grade of steel available for these from Italy now, kick start pinions are a bit scarce but in reality I'd be more concerned about stuff like the tank & plastics than the engine these days. I've only ridden a mono Garelli but couple of mates locally have ridden the twin shocks and rate them highly, they were developed at the very end of the twin shock era so almost as much as a fiddle as a Fantic!