never seen the like of it before at a trial.

totalshell

What's wrong with that? I want her to curse me, with determination!

:rolleyes:

Oh yeah :bouncy: Something like the phrase she used against that American observer :huh:

I'm willing to be corrected but I think it was:-

'' Hijo de puta '' :shutup:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trials throughout the years have had its fair share of villians! remember bruno cammozi back at hawkstone park in 1996 (i think!) being rather rude to some observers. strange thing was he was a perfect gentleman at our section and when he'd fived it he just rode out and carried on. unlike some of the british riders who would swear to high heaven that they'd not dropped a five!

Was it him or his brother who started throwing fists at a trial? <_<

I put "Hijo de puta" into Google translate, pressed play and nearly spat tea over my PC :rotfl:

On a more serious note as a newbie that sounds awful behaviour, and i would be annoyed if i had taken my child to watch and witnessed it. Not only that but it is hugely disrespectful to observers, as without them we would all be twiddling our thumbs on a Sunday. I hope the appropriate body takes action, and that it doesnt set a precident for the future, as it would be a great shame if Trials went down a similar route to Sunday football, where it seems fair game to be abusive to the referee. Not nice - lets keep it as we all want it.

Caddabs

On youtube somewhere is a video of a certain M. Berlatier having fisticuffs with an observer.

Must be the Gallic temprament if big Bruno was at it so maybe its either that or they'll call a strike.

Observers are brilliant who else would stand in the rain all day for fun!!!!

I agree that abusive language should not be used and the observer should not be coerced into changing a score.

The AMCA do have a comprehensive rule book which includes Rider Conduct. The first offence for which a suspension from the meeting can be made states. Any act which is of a violent, threatening or abusive nature to any official rider, passenger or any other person.

As said in other posts. Trials should be fun. We don't need these people.

One of my local clubs held thier annual road trial today and I and my five year old daughter observed in the morning and spectated in the afternon. As usual while observing i was firm but fair and everyone smiled expressed thier thanks and rode on, some as usual stopped for a chat or or said hello to me or my daughter. a pleasant way to spend the morning and as the sun was out and the skies blue we spectated at one of the later groups.

the section was tricky, get there early and you had an evens chance of a clean the last 25% of the entry had difficulty getting out of the mudhole, some riders literally having a mudbath. Now as is the norm the 'top' riders were riding together and hanging about waiting for a 'new' line to appear or for the section to develop a brief 'sweet spot' during this period a young lad made a more than fair attempt only to come a right cropper and dove deeper into the morass than Jaques Cousteau ever could.

his riding companions good naturedly pulled him and his bike out while they waited for a couple of thier friends to attempt the section. The lad to next attemt the section had given it a long hard coat of looking at and came back to check the line before attempting to cross the morass.. he fired his bike at the crossing making it across without a dab..

however the line he chose was 6 -8 inches to the right of the red marker and all the specatators shouted ' five' the lad who had previuosly taken a tumble shouted remarks about keeping quiet and a threw a few F words in. he then strode across the morass and ' persuaded ' the observer ( who was in his seventies) that his mate was clean and waited while the 5 was changed to 0, returning to his bike he harangued the dozen or so spectators with the F word and accusations of bias, argued with a grandmother who was chastising him for use of the f word and used it agian toward her and then took on a member of the organisation team of probably the biggest trial in the calendar, who happened to be riding in the trialand used the F word 3 times toward him!

I go to a lot of football matches and swearing is banned now in most grounds and so is abusing officials but it's still often heard and its accepted but not acceptable I work with 7 or 8 other builders and swearing is common there too but i've never heard it or used like it was today toward the spectators ( who were all bar 2 observers from earlier on in the day) but what really disappointed me was the lieing to and 'persuading' the aged observer to change the score.

I'm happy to ride against better riders I'm happy to ride against people with better bikes but if winning means so much that lieing to and ' persuading' officials to that degree is acceptable then trials is nt for me..

cain him he needs to learn when he is still young that he can not behave like that to any one no matter what sport it is. you should not behave like that to any one any time. name and shame should teach him a lesson

Philippe Berlatier as i recall.

Also i was there at the world round in Scotland sometime in the 90's when an aggressive OBSERVER started a fight with Tommi Ahvala's brother by throwing the first punch!

Woah there, that very "OBSERVER" you mention t-shock, is a regular "OBSERVER" at the SSDT for years, he puts a lot into trials, believe it or not. I was also there at the section in Glen Nevis and it was Ahvala's minder/brother that was acting aggressively to the observer by goading him! The "OBSERVER" actually tried to subdue said Ahvala but trying to get him pinned down on the ground.

As a further point, considering that my friend the "OBSERVER" is usually as tame as a pussy cat, but he certainly isn't the sort of bloke one would consider goading at all...he's a big and heavy guy!

My advice..never take him on, you WILL come off worst!

Big John

(OBSERVER's name withheld for obvious reasons!)

What a song and dance :rolleyes: or is it just me that finds getting over excited about scoring/marking completely over the top ? I can't say in my short time doing trials I've come across anyone who is that bothered about it all.....oh well, maybe just the one, the one who made a big song and dance on heer a few weeks ago about it all :rotfl:

Over the years i've seen a lot of argueing over scores, it's a lot worse when punch cards are used as the rider can immediately see what his score is.

The better the rider, the more vocal the protest!

Big John, your observer friend was being questioned by Tommi's brother but not aggressively, i remember it very well indeed, a few of the spectators and our group were discussing it afterwards and although Mr Ahvala shouldn't have been trying to question the score, everyone in our group said the observer was "a bit keen to get physical" ;)

The reminisences are all very interresting but getting back to the original post. Does anybody know what the AMCA are going to do about it?

I can guarantee at the Trial i am laying out for Sunday if ANYBODY and i mean anybody pulls that kind of stunt they will be 1. excluded from the results. 2 excluded from all our future events. 3. immeadiately reported to the ACU, we are an ACU club. 4. their name and details will be circulated to every club in our centre. I cant force the ACU to do anything nor can i force other clubs to act and smother this kind of behaviour but while i am part of the organising body at our club anybody who abuses a fellow rider, official, spectator or anybody attending the event they will never be welcome again. Period.

I will be watching for a black DMW but also any other offender.

Edited by Old trials fanatic

today we have the "no smack policy" some people say "unfortunately" so this matter needs to be dealt with in a diplomatic way and with the seriousness it deserves,,,,,,but maybe just maybe something positive can come from all this .and we can all take a step back and think about our sport and its origin and think about the family orientation that comes(should come with it) with it ,,,,,,please dont let it stoop to the levels of backstabbing overcompetive so called sports, like motocross. (now Iam in trouble ) ,I for one would have been very upset if I had been at that or any trial and impressionable children had been in earshot of an event like this ,,,sort yourselves out people just my two penouth

I have received the following from the Clerk of the Course, asking that it be published on TC:

On the 10th of October the Red Rose Classic Club held the Waterside Trial, the final round of the Northern British Bike Championship.

Although as Sec. Of the Trial and Clerk of Course I am biased, what a great day it was. We had good back up from the members, plenty of observers, a good entry of all abilities, co-operative landowners allowing us access to some of the best sections classic trials can offer, and even the sun shone!

Unfortunately one rider displayed some abusive behaviour and foul language at one section to berating the observer and assembled on lookers. I received some verbal complaints after the trial about the rider. As soon as possible I spoke to the observer, Club officers and other witnesses. I have spoken to the rider who rang to say he was out of order and apologises to those offended. The matter was discussed at a meeting on the evening of the12th, disciplinary action decided on and the rider informed. What I consider to be measured, appropriate action has been taken by the Club.

On the evening of the trial someone who witnessed this outburst posted comments on the incident and other parts of the trial a website. This attracted comment from around the world, from as far away as NZ