Clubs in the Scottish Borders

broony

I was wondering if there are any trials clubs or events held in the Scottish Borders?There

seems to be plenty of events elsewhere in the country but few if any in the Borders.

cheers the noo Brian

Hawick and Border have effectively been in hibernation as far as trials is concerned for a number of years but if you live in the Borders then there may be a chance of a revival, particularly given your machinery, as some of the members are about to return to trials. PM me and I will try and sort something out.

Other than that LMCC do a trial at Gala in May and of course the NE Centre is very active though distant in some cases.

Edited by 2/4

I was wondering if there are any trials clubs or events held in the Scottish Borders?There

seems to be plenty of events elsewhere in the country but few if any in the Borders.

cheers the noo Brian

There is the tweed valley club which is based in berwick not far from the scottish borders.We have trials at wooler,belford,bamburgh and otterburn not very far from the scottish borders.there is a member from peebles

Thanks for all the replies,my Bantam should be ready in the next couple of weeks.I am looking forward to competing as it will make a change from going round in circles(Road Racing).I live just south of Edinburgh,1 mile from both the A1 and A68 which makes it easy to access the Borders/North East of England.

cheers the noo Brian

Thanks for all the replies,my Bantam should be ready in the next couple of weeks.I am looking forward to competing as it will make a change from going round in circles(Road Racing).I live just south of Edinburgh,1 mile from both the A1 and A68 which makes it easy to access the Borders/North East of England.

cheers the noo Brian

There is to be a trial at Kidlaw farm, Gifford on the 13th November, why not come along to that.

Thedbf I would be interested in the trial at Gifford,which club is running it and do I need a SACU licence as I was waiting for next year to get one when my road race licence runs out.

cheers the noo Brian

At the moment, SACU licences don't apply to AMCA events (or vice versa). The trial at Gifford is not an SACU event, it's run under the AMCA.

I believe the SACU are currently reviewing the licencing system, but if there are any changes it will be notified to affiliated clubs before the end of the year. SACU licences run until 31st January each year.

Big John

I believe the SACU are currently reviewing the licencing system,

Now that is interesting, and without drawing ourselves in to a debate about it all, what is it they are reviewing and why ? I'm sure I made my comments before on the cost of a license and that still puts me off getting one next year as I'd like to do SACU trials next year.

Now that is interesting, and without drawing ourselves in to a debate about it all, what is it they are reviewing and why ? I'm sure I made my comments before on the cost of a license and that still puts me off getting one next year as I'd like to do SACU trials next year.

Unfortunately, I am unable to give any give any details or even hint at future plans or discussions, either on an open website like TC or indeed privately, as matters are being discussed within the Scottish ACU. Any opinions I post on an open website are my own and not necessarily that of any of my colleagues in any club or organisatuion that I am a member of.

It would be inappropriate to do so at this point in time until matters are fully discussed, tested and subsequently implemented. Such matters are handled at the SACU and ACU by appointed members of committees.

If changes do take place to not only the licencing system but other matters, then they will be communicated to club officials by an official information release.

There is a lot of items under review in motorcycle sport at the moment, not just trials and not just in Scotland.

Big John

Got a letter a couple of weeks ago from the SACU about my road race licence(not that I'm going to need one) but the licence has been changed to be inline with the ACU.Might be a sign of changes that the SACU are making????Big John I will wait till next year to get my SACU trials licence,going to do the Gifford trail next month as I found out today that I used to work with one of the blokes who secured the ground.Do SACU events cater for novice riders?

cheers the noo Brian