what "positive features" do you think they will have

borus

No Mr Dabster was not the only one to ride it I had a ride at midday and was quite danted to ride it given all the hype/talk over the preceding months of press talk. I jumped on it nervously, it rides softer than other bikes but not dissimilar to an evo in feel, at first I felt that I was higher up than normal but then I realised that this was due to not having a petrol tank in the usual position. Having then ridden it for a short while I became very confident/comfortable on it, the suspension is so forgiving it seems to just float over things. I liked it.

The front suspension is much the same as others I feel, certainly no worse, just down to set up.

The big advantage for me was the ohlin shock, these are graet and I will get an ossa this year or one for a sherco, not that the standard shock is bad.

The bike feels light riding and just taking it off thestand, yes very similar to an evo in riding position, but thats not far from a sherco or gasser now anyway, I think they are all close and now the ossa too. I noticed the position of the bars and levers more than owt else.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nigel, How is the turning radius compared to the EVO? After riding Beta for so many years I have grown very fond of their turning radius. I rode the 2010 gasser and felt it just couldnt turn within the Beta radius.

Why are you switching from the EVO? Something new and different or actual issues with the EVO?

As the Ossa or a new EVO are my choice to replace the REV just wondering if the Ossa is going to be worth the wait and price???

Thanks,

Aaron

Hey Nigel, How is the turning radius compared to the EVO? After riding Beta for so many years I have grown very fond of their turning radius. I rode the 2010 gasser and felt it just couldnt turn within the Beta radius.

Why are you switching from the EVO? Something new and different or actual issues with the EVO?

As the Ossa or a new EVO are my choice to replace the REV just wondering if the Ossa is going to be worth the wait and price???

Thanks,

Aaron

the turning circle was nearly as good as the evo, think there is a weight bias when the tank is full giving front end stability in turns.

no new bike as yet

Does it matter anymore? Unless you're riding traditional non-stop trials?

oh yes it does.

the sherco of 07 or 08 was not that good at all, a pal actually took a club hammer to one to get more lock. Even in modern trials us old farts prefer to ride old style, no clutch and no stop certainly no hop, so the turning circle of the evo is a real bonus.

the 2011 sherco I rode was close to it btw. gasser aswell and the ossa so there must be a demand for it.

What percentage of potential owners/riders can't hop and bounce?

At a typical club trial with 50 riders in which I ride, I'd say 40 can't/don't hop at all. It is important that a manufacturer doesn't alienate 80% of their potential customer base by limiting the lock too much.

What percentage of potential owners/riders can't hop and bounce?

At a typical club trial with 50 riders in which I ride, I'd say 40 can't/don't hop at all. It is important that a manufacturer doesn't alienate 80% of their potential customer base by limiting the lock too much.

Have to agree.