Rear swinger

hekto

I have just had the axle dismounted - damn, it was a bit of a job getting in again. had to loosen the whole engine!

Now it is cleaned from grease, and re-greased. The holes for the grease pump is cleaned.

How much do I tighten the axle? If i tighten too much it get stuck. I have tightened it so that it can move just freely. So my questions are:

1) How much shall it be tightened? Is there an exact torque value or is it just by feeling?

2) Is there a drawing, picture or a spares fice somewhere on WWW so I can see how the swinger bearings are build up?

• 3 weeks later...

Tighten until it doesnt stick and no play is present. Could be bushes are worn irregularly. Easy to make a new set with small lathe and a 14mm drill or Martin Matthews at motoswm could prob sell u some decent ones at a reasonable price...

Stu

Tighten until it doesnt stick and no play is present. Could be bushes are worn irregularly. Easy to make a new set with small lathe and a 14mm drill or Martin Matthews at motoswm could prob sell u some decent ones at a reasonable price...

Stu

Thank you Stu. The bushings seems OK. It was the mix of lubricating nipples and rubber bushings that confused me.

I remember that a scooter with an bearing arrangement of the same kind at the front wheel should be tightened so that it only moved in the rubber. Further the swing arm should be positioned in a specified angle so that the damping from the rubber contributed to the overall damping.