what year is my bike? gas gas txt

trialspalmer

hi all im new but need help i have just got a gas gas txt2000 does the 2000 mean its a 2000 model? but if i go by the frame numbers is says its a 2002 10th digit down.. help

This is from TrialsPartsUSA website, where you'll find a lot of other good information there, including a parts manual for your bike.

Jon

TRIAL MODEL CHASSIS NUMBERS

1993~2003

Example: VTRGG 2800 0200 9955

VTR = International manufacturers code. VTR = GasGas

GG = Trial model (Company code to identify model EC = Enduro & MX, FS = Four Stroke, WD = Quads)

2800 = 280 model, year 2000

0200:

02 = Manufacture month. (2ND month) February.

00 = Year of manufacture 2000.

9955 = sequential chassis number (9,955th built in this year.)

2004~2007

Example: VTRGG 3002 E054 9955

VTR = International manufacturers code. VTR = GasGas

GG = Trial model (Company code to identify model EC = Enduro & MX, FS = Four Stroke, WD = Quads)

3002:

30 = 300 model.

02 = (02 = year of Europe homogulation N/A USA)

E054:

E = 2004 ALPHA CODE FOR MODEL YEAR.

05 = Manufacture month (5TH month) May.

4 = Year of manufacture 2004.

9955 = sequential chassis number. (9,955th built in this year.)

• 7 years later...

Hi guys new to the forum , and stubbed across this pic on Google, as I am doing up a gasgas txt , which I thought was a 200 , but with Some research is a 160 if I am correct 

Looks like the one in the pic

Plastics say txt 2000

It has aluminium petrol tank 

Frame numbers and engine numbers come back at year 2000

Wheels are stamped 1999 

And some say it's the "earlier "engine now this is the bit that I am confused with , are some bikes in the year 2000 actually 200cc and some 160cc , ? 

Advice much appreciated 

?

6 hours ago, Ian pritchard said:

Hi guys new to the forum , and stubbed across this pic on Google, as I am doing up a gasgas txt , which I thought was a 200 , but with Some research is a 160 if I am correct 

Looks like the one in the pic

Plastics say txt 2000

It has aluminium petrol tank 

Frame numbers and engine numbers come back at year 2000

Wheels are stamped 1999 

And some say it's the "earlier "engine now this is the bit that I am confused with , are some bikes in the year 2000 actually 200cc and some 160cc , ? 

Advice much appreciated 

?

GasGas moto never made a 200cc.[although GasGas UK did sell a kit specifically for the PRO motor 2002 on that uses a modified 250 cylinder and is known as the 225cc] bike; they are all actually lower in capacity even on the PRO model bikes with the smaller motor that started production in 2002 ......your bike fitted with the motor that started off as a Villa designed product later used as a starting point by GasGas and developed by them over several years after Villa went bust  is approx. 163cc and the model is called a 200 .....on the TXT PRO 200 motor the capacity is supposed to be approx. 175cc but I read somewhere that it is actually around 167cc that model is also known officially as a 200.....hope that helps.........the Beta trials motors are the closest to being 200's with a capacity of 199cc as far as I know.

Edited by oni nou

13 hours ago, oni nou said:

GasGas moto never made a 200cc.[although GasGas UK did sell a kit specifically for the PRO motor 2002 on that uses a modified 250 cylinder and is known as the 225cc] bike; they are all actually lower in capacity even on the PRO model bikes with the smaller motor that started production in 2002 ......your bike fitted with the motor that started off as a Villa designed product later used as a starting point by GasGas and developed by them over several years after Villa went bust  is approx. 163cc and the model is called a 200 .....on the TXT PRO 200 motor the capacity is supposed to be approx. 175cc but I read somewhere that it is actually around 167cc that model is also known officially as a 200.....hope that helps.........the Beta trials motors are the closest to being 200's with a capacity of 199cc as far as I know.

Thanks for the info, yes it does help pull light on my quiry 

?