4RT ECU RESET

dye29

Can you explain better what the problem is.

Does the bike start ok when hot but then does not rev properly - does it ride ok on low revs when hot just not full throttle.

Have you checked the spark plug and cleaned the fuel filter in the tank?

3 hours ago, jimmyl said:

Can you explain better what the problem is.

Does the bike start ok when hot but then does not rev properly - does it ride ok on low revs when hot just not full throttle.

Have you checked the spark plug and cleaned the fuel filter in the tank?

Hi jimmyl,

thanks for your quick respons. The bike was running fine on cold and hot condition from 0 tO 80% throtol but to go from 80%-100% has some drop for 3 secounds and engine when up tO the max. I did clean fuel filter, change spark plug, clean throtol body, clean injection & put extra capasitor but doesn’t change.

10 hours ago, jimmyl said:

Throttle body stop worn maybe.

Does it happen on gently bring up the Revs  or snapping throttle open to max?

Hi jimmyl,

i just Tested If i gently brought up The revs very the engine rpm not stady oN max throtol.

If the ECU thinks the throttle is opening past 100%...  You can test this by loosening the throttle cable enough so it will not pull it full open.  If it then runs fine without issues you know it thinks its going past 100%.  

However with the fact that you don't get steady RPM's when opening slow it sounds like that isn't likely the issue.  

Edited by jonnyc21

I also see a past post where you said something about it working if you put 12v to it?  Are you saying that if you connect a 12v battery everything runs fine?  

If that is the case it could be a number of things... a bad capacitor, a short in the system (had a fan motor short on my 07 causing a problem like this), the rectifier, or maybe something wrong with your stater...  Not to point a finger at any of this if I misunderstood your post.  

5 hours ago, jonnyc21 said:

If the ECU thinks the throttle is opening past 100%...  You can test this by loosening the throttle cable enough so it will not pull it full open.  If it then runs fine without issues you know it thinks its going past 100%.  

However with the fact that you don't get steady RPM's when opening slow it sounds like that isn't likely the issue.  

Hi jonnyc21,

your are right.. this is the problem.. do you know How tO properly fix this problem? Did any potensio or some thing inside ECU can be adjust?

thank for your help

12 hours ago, Diaz said:

Hi jonnyc21,

your are right.. this is the problem.. do you know How tO properly fix this problem? Did any potensio or some thing inside ECU can be adjust?

thank for your help

I haven't had this issue on ether of my 4RT's so have never checked into how this would be done. 

I am aware that on most EFI throttle bodies there is usually a set screw or some other fixed stop that prevents it from going past the 100%.  If you can find it its usually just an adjustment that isn't to hard to make. 

If you can't find it I can take a look at the ECU/throttle bodies of my bikes and see if I can figure out...

1 hour ago, jonnyc21 said:

I haven't had this issue on ether of my 4RT's so have never checked into how this would be done. 

I am aware that on most EFI throttle bodies there is usually a set screw or some other fixed stop that prevents it from going past the 100%.  If you can find it its usually just an adjustment that isn't to hard to make. 

If you can't find it I can take a look at the ECU/throttle bodies of my bikes and see if I can figure out...

Hi jonnyc21,

I found 1 screw only tO stop prevents from going past the 0% and i couldn’t find any screw tO stop prevents it from going past the 100%. 

3 hours ago, jimmyl said:

Hi

there is no full position stop screw.

i had this on an old ptb and fixed by glueing a thin bit of steel shim to the casting to stop the actuators going as far 

Hi jimmyl,

i did like your sugestion and now my Montesa back tO normal again..

thanks’ for you support.. and Thanks Also tO jonnic21..

• Like 2