steering bearings for beta 80 which ones to use ?

mickmc

hi has anyone changed their steering bearings on a beta 80, we have a 2008, if so would it be possible to get my bearings from a bearings company or do they have to be from beta agents,

do you use white waterproof grease or normal grease,

is it difficult to do

any advice appreciated,

thanks

Hi Mickmc, before you go to beta agents which could be expensive try your local area who supplies bearings ie. premier bearings or transpower drives etc they will be alot cheaper, you may have to take the bearings to match up or the number on the bearing, I use copper or normal grease for any bearings I put in, I'm surprised that your steering head bearings have gone already your sure they gone or maybe just need tightening up ? as they are normally taper bearings they are not difficult to change, basically take the top yoke off and drop the front wheel and forks off in one piece swap bearings and put it back together hope this helps.

Is your rev 80 still misfiring at high revs? I think I have cured mine but it needs to be tested for half an hour or so will let you know the outcome when tested.

Paul

hi Paul, thanks for your reply, i have tried to tighten it up but it still has movement in it, so thought it must be the bearings

misfire, not sorted yet, i phoned beta uk, they told me to go 2 out with the air screw, and 70-1 oil in petrol, then rev the $h!! out of it, took it saturday, rang it's neck and still had misfire,

let me know how you get on, fingers crossed you've cured it, say hi to James

Mick