Saracen production

ronald

• 4 months later...

On 11/12/2010 at 6:32 PM, ronald said:

Hi. My name is Ron Goodfellow and I designed and built the Saracen motorcyles in the late sixties. We built about three hundred in all of various types most of them being exported to the USA. We also exported to France and Sweden. Frank Underwood and I started the company which grew from a hobby and a lot of enthusiasm. The original prototype was a BSA bantam engined version but we could not acquire British engines and opted for the Sachs motor, initially the Iron engine but later the aluminium engine. We also built a few Triumph tiger cubs, I know one is still going. We also designed a spine framed 100cc Hodaka engined trail bike. I can attach a few photographs.

My daughter found this web site and it is ironic that only this week I have finished rebuilding one of the trials bikes with alloy motor and reed valve, amazing improvement. I still enjoy my motorcycling mostly touring but have competed in pre 65 trials until fairly recently on a 350cc enfield/saracen special. I am unable at the moment to include the photographs but as soon as I figure it out I will post them. Feet up!! If anyone wants to get in touch my Email address is rongoodfellow@gmail.com

David Brand of Watford had acquired Saracen by 1972. It was not David's main business I think this was selling plumbling and heating supplies, he was an active clubman rider in the South Midland Centre. The Saracen name finally demised in 1973 see https://cybermotorcycle.com/marques/british/saracen.htm