i need your opinions on the montesa 4rt

mark1984

I am curently doing a report on the success and Quality of the Honda Montesa 4RT so i would very much appreciate your views and opinions to these questions if you could also please stick your first name and where you are from that would be much appriciated so i have as meany sources from as many different areas as possible.

1, what is your opinions on the build quality on the montesa 4rt?

2, what is your oppinion's on the current possition of honda montesa 4rt in the trials market compaired to other makes of trials bikes?

3, what is your views on where honda should go to from hear should they continue with the 4 stroke or change back to 2 stroke trials bikes?

4, can you please tell me any good and bad points of the 4rt in your on opinion?

5, Do you think the honda montesa 4RT is the best trials bike that has ever been made (build quality,life expectancy,ride quality,market range]?

Thank you all in advance your help is very much appriciated.

I am curently doing a report on the success and Quality of the Honda Montesa 4RT so i would very much appreciate your views and opinions to these questions if you could also please stick your first name and where you are from that would be much appriciated so i have as meany sources from as many different areas as possible.

2, what is your oppinion's on the current possition of honda montesa 4rt in the trials market compaired to other makes of trials bikes?

3, what is your views on where honda should go to from hear should they continue with the 4 stroke or change back to 2 stroke trials bikes?

4, can you please tell me any good and bad points of the 4rt in your on opinion?

5, Do you think the honda montesa 4RT is the best trials bike that has ever been made (build quality,life expectancy,ride quality,market range]?

1. very good

2. no new bikes imported to US = sucks

3. go back to 2-stroke

4. never liked the 4RT, underpowered for my likeing, too complex (EFI, valves, laptops to tune your bike, not for me)

5. No

1. very good

2. no new bikes imported to US = sucks

3. go back to 2-stroke

4. never liked the 4RT, underpowered for my likeing, too complex (EFI, valves, laptops to tune your bike, not for me)

5. No

thanks very much just what im looking for any more feedback good or bad will be great

Chris, Bristol UK. relativly expensive,

Fuel injected 2 stroke maybe

Well made relatively heavy

Best bike for trials like the SSDT but most punters are doing 4 laps around a quarry or a field, I found mine harder to ride in nadgery sections

so it's "horses for courses"; I concluded that a nice little pony was best for me (the 4rt being a thouroughbred)

Hope this OPINION helps

1, what is your opinions on the build quality on the montesa 4rt?good

2, what is your oppinion's on the current possition of honda montesa 4rt in the trials market compaired to other makes of trials bikes?very poor. Lack of importer/team/ dealers has affected sales.

3, what is your views on where honda should go to from hear should they continue with the 4 stroke or change back to 2 stroke trials bikes? they should get out of trials so the european manufactuirers can produce cheap to buy easy to maintain 2 strokes. Honda will not make a 2 stroke so its a dumb question.

4, can you please tell me any good and bad points of the 4rt in your on opinion? Good points well made good trail bike for extreme terrain.The six year old design is out of date. When I owned one I never felt I knew if I would have a good or bad ride on it. fundamentally flawed grip5, Do you think the honda montesa 4RT is the best trials bike that has ever been made (build quality,life expectancy,ride quality,market range]?Absolutely not. The quality of the other makes are getting better every year, and the componaents on the ossa and the tech advantages make it look like a dinasaour. Ossa next to mont puts it into perspective.[/size]

Edited by Nigel Dabster

thanks very much for your replys. The report is, a report i have to do for english as part of my rural skills corse its mostly forestry and farming/ game keeping but i have to do one day a week core skills that consists of I.T i have passed maths i have passed and english i am doing now i thought i might as well do my report that i can do about any thing i want on some thing i enjoy so hear i am asking for your help my opinion is i love montesa's allways have and allways will be my favorite bike so i need other opinions to spice it up thanks again mark

Great. I have had four 4rts and have never finished a trail due to a mechanical failure. At our events I have seen a lot of DNFs on GasGas and Sherco i.e gearbox failure, cracked frames and broken radiators. HOWEVER in the interest of fairness I do spend a lot of time looking after my bikes and try to ride it sensibly.

2, what is your oppinion's on the current position of honda montesa 4rt in the trials market compaired to other makes of trials bikes?

Fallen behind due to the bike never having any serious changes in the past five years and new they are too expensive when compared to other bikes. Possible the image has taken a battering as some people have not got on with the bike.

Honda will not produce another 2t bike. However there is clear room for improvement and original ideas. For example Husaberg 90degree motor and yamaha leaning cylinder. Combine these with some ideas to distribute the weight such as lowering the fuel tank and montesa could be onto a winner

Good:

Great build quality,

Massive amounts of after market parts

Great suspension

good support from suppliers and importer

Engine is very good out of the box for some riders.

Bad

It is not a easy bike to ride. You need to concentrate and learn to ride it. I am good on the bike but it can and does catch me out from time to time.

Expensive new therefore forcing 2nd hand prices higher.

i have not owned many trials bike so it is hard to tell. Most important of all it is very fun to ride. When It is going well you cannot get the smile off my face. Am i in a Hurry to replace it???

No. I would like to try a OSSA in the near future but I wont have the money to buy one therefore I will keep the 4rt for a while longer

Hope this helps Mark. What is it for anyway mate? B)

andres .north notts /south yorks.

1.with out doubt the best built bike currently made.

2.the bike due to the weight will struggle at higher levels but is one of the best clubmen bikes you can buy.due to the quality of the bikes build they are maybe a little to exspensive and maybe not the in bike to have as they are starting to look a little dated.still one of the nicest looking bike though in repsol colours.

3.personally i hope they make an updated 4 stroke ,variety is a good thing.

4.good.

build quality.

reliability.

sound.

suspension.

grip

flexability of the motor,no way are they under powered.

bad

price.

weight.

some struggle with grip,i just think you have to give it a little time,it's just diffferent.

5. in many ways yes but theres lots of good bikes out there.got quite a few bikes but i won't sell the 4rt in a hurry.

Mark

If it's for English I'd first re-read your above posts and focus on your spelling and structure.

yeh mate this is not my report only getting more impute as i am biased as i would not have any other bike montesa is just the best how bout some more helpfull impute than that?

thanks for all the helpfull replys i have receved so far

1, what is your opinions on the build quality on the montesa 4rt? fantastic.

2, what is your oppinion's on the current possition of honda montesa 4rt in the trials market compaired to other makes of trials bikes? fantastic bike for club level riders at least to an advanced level. the weight is harder to move around when doing advanced "trick" maneuvers.

3, what is your views on where honda should go to from hear should they continue with the 4 stroke or change back to 2 stroke trials bikes? I just wish it was lighter and the US had an importer.

4, can you please tell me any good and bad points of the 4rt in your on opinion? great on hill climbs. very easy to modulate the power with just the throttle. some complain a problem finding traction. for me, its easier to find traction on it than it is a 2-stroke.

5, Do you think the honda montesa 4RT is the best trials bike that has ever been made (build quality,life expectancy,ride quality,market range]? since I haven't ridden everything else, I can't answer that. but, at my skill level (intermediate/advanced), I can ride it better than any of the other 2010 bikes including my 2010 GasGas 300.

thanks very much for your replys. The report is, a report i have to do for english as part of my rural skills corse its mostly forestry and farming/ game keeping but i have to do one day a week core skills that consists of I.T i have passed maths i have passed and english i am doing now i thought i might as well do my report that i can do about any thing i want on some thing i enjoy so hear i am asking for your help my opinion is i love montesa's allways have and allways will be my favorite bike so i need other opinions to spice it up thanks again mark

perhaps you could show remarkable insight and put the comments in at least two catorgories, 1) current owners and therefore skewed opinions 2) owners who havesince given up the bike, 3)others.