New Gas Gas Torch Bearer?

nottoogood

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that would be KW or RCIII !! How quickly we forget the #3 and #4 riders!

They keep more riders on tap than clean underwear or spare transmissions! The loss of one won't hurt!

Won't be RCIII, B) but you didn't hear that from me

I seem to remember that Sherco had 5 Pro riders at the end of last year :agreed:

Why? To distort the North American Championship, again? Non residents need not apply!

Don't know what you mean by "distort"

Tommi Ahvala, David Chavez, even Fred Crossett made our Pro class better and raised the level of riding. If our guys can't or won't go to Europe then having them come here is a good option.

USA Motocross, Supercross, Road Racing and GNCC series all allow foreign riders and the series are better because of it. There is no benefit in isolating ourselves.

Edited by the observer

Tommi Ahvala, David Chavez, even Fred Crossett made our Pro class better and raised the level of riding. If our guys can't or won't go to Europe then having them come here is a good option.

USA Motocross, Supercross, Road Racing and GNCC series all allow foreign riders and the series are better because of it. There is no benefit in isolating ourselves.

My opinion also. In spite of our chants to the contrary, we are not the center of the World and maintaining an insular atttitude does little to promote the sport we profess to love. I've found that Americans are at their best when challenged, it always seems to uncover our greatest talents.

Jon

My opinion also. In spite of our chants to the contrary, we are not the center of the World and maintaining an insular atttitude does little to promote the sport we profess to love. I've found that Americans are at their best when challenged, it always seems to uncover our greatest talents.

Jon

I wonder where U.S. motocross would be today if european riders had not come here in the 70's and had not a few americans gone to europe to contest the world championships. Things seem to have worked out pretty well for us in that instance.

I wonder where U.S. motocross would be today if european riders had not come here in the 70's and had not a few americans gone to europe to contest the world championships. Things seem to have worked out pretty well for us in that instance.

I agree with you JSE & Motovita, I think Copey was off his meds when he posted that one... :agreed:

(Joke) We might have coherse him to put in his signature, "opinions expressed by this poster, do NOT necessarily reflect the views or opinions of USA or other americans" like they do for radio stations, lol (/Joke)

Edited by Sting32

Actually,there is a lot more to this issue as I percieve it. Let us start with a US rider being inelligable in the Euro Champ series, which is a minor series as compared to WTC, granted, but unless you reside there, you cannot apply for points.

David Chaves was indeed a resident here. Not a visitor. As a WTC jr champ, his level of riding was on par and he was a good contender.

Tommi, as an ex WTC champ, well , go figure. Should run non-comp.

Fast Freddy, he was nothing but a cherry picker that tried to come over for a quick sweep to boost his ego. Whiney butt! Lucky he survived Texas after he and his minder running their mouth after a 5 in my(our) section. Go home ass hole! No respect for this guy anymore! p*** on him! You notice he is too good to compete today!

At the same time, there are a number of good young riders that of course we would enjoy seeing over here. However, I still feel that THEY are not the ones that we are supporting, nor should be a US champ.

I do think we should have an exchange program with the WTC Youth and or JR riders. It all gets very complicated with schedules, school, sponsorship and such.

Won't be RCIII, B) but you didn't hear that from me

I seem to remember that Sherco had 5 Pro riders at the end of last year :agreed:

You are luckey I did not put your name in the pot along with Mitch, and a few others!

He did ask for BS, you know! :rolleyes:

Edited by copemech

I am the center of my universe........everyone else is just a really good figment of my imagination.

:beer::wacko::stoned: :stoned:

At my age, I've come to the conclusion that I have become a figment of the Universe's imagination.....

Jon, Existential R Us....