rev 80 clutch

betanz

Hey guys,

My brother has a 2007 rev 80 and when you put a lot of load on it by slipping the clutch it seems to slip and make a horrible noise as if there is metal to metal somewhere, we have drained the gearbox and there seems to be no sign of excess metal on the drain plug and the oil seems to be the correct used colour with no water in it, we have also had the side cover off and the clutch and everyhting under the cover seems well lubricated. The clutch seems to work fine otherwise and everything else seems good, The bike has low hours and is well looked after, so any ideas?? We need help! Also do the ktm 65 sx clutch parts fit the rev 80?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers Brad.

I have heard it at Youth nationals!!! If you are doing "big" stuff the clutch screams. In the UK the guy who did the competition clutch seems to have folded but you might be able to source one from somewhere else. I believe the KTM is the correct one but I'd wait for confirmation.

Hi, there are several threads been posted on this subject.

I had a 2004 beta 80 with the same problem ordered a competition clutch but was told it would be weeks before I got it.

The Rev 80 is basically a KTM engine so most parts fit, gearbox bearings are the same and so on, I fitted a complete clutch from a 2006 SX KTM 65 because the ring gear was worn our 80, had to fit the KTM gear pinion with it, but check the parts as there may be some variations between models. The clutch plates should fit straight in on yours.

I was told that KTM had a surplus of engines which Beta bought and modified some parts i.e the gear ratio's, flywheel etc to suit trials.

Also I found KTM parts are cheaper than buying Beta,