Wet/Dry switch

marius

Hi,

Just want to know how much of a difference should the mapping or wet/dry switch make on a GASGAS TXT300 Pro?

I am a novice and are just learning the basics at the moment but I was playing with the two settings on my bike and I must be honest, I can

Hi,

Just want to know how much of a difference should the mapping or wet/dry switch make on a GASGAS TXT300 Pro?

I am a novice and are just learning the basics at the moment but I was playing with the two settings on my bike and I must be honest, I can

Marius,

The difference in the ignition maps are at a higher RPM than the range you are probably using. If you are riding around slowly you are accurate in not noticing a difference.

Jon

its for the big boys i guess could never spot the difference myself....lol

Like you can't feel any difference at all.

As everyone on here says, and have had it confirmed by GasGas only makes a difference at high rev's.

Suspect it's bit of a marketing ploy, and have heard it refered to as 'the bullsh*t button' by some!

Like you can't feel any difference at all.

As everyone on here says, and have had it confirmed by GasGas only makes a difference at high rev's.

Suspect it's bit of a marketing ploy, and have heard it refered to as 'the bullsh*t button' by some!

If you put a tach on your bike, you'd find that 2500 RPM comes up pretty quickly.

Jon

Australian freestyle Trials rider jack Field, who is currently touring with the Crusty Demons Show will tell you differently. He can land 75 foot back flips on his 300 GG - but only with the switch one way.

But he does approach the kicker pinned in fifth! Pulls up short if the switch is in the "soft" position. It does work at the top end!

Australian freestyle Trials rider jack Field, who is currently touring with the Crusty Demons Show will tell you differently. He can land 75 foot back flips on his 300 GG - but only with the switch one way.

But he does approach the kicker pinned in fifth! Pulls up short if the switch is in the "soft" position. It does work at the top end!

Under certain conditions the switch does have a noticable effect. I'm not sure if the ignition mapping profile is shifted up (in the "dry" setting as compared to the "wet" setting) or if there is a different profile used.

Jon

Just a example of how it will work, if the switch is set on Wet / Mud setting then the bike wont rev past 7000 rpm but when the switch is set on Sun / Dry setting then it will rev past that to about 11000 rpm ish !! I can tell the difference on mine but only when I ride up a massive steep hill, and I mean giving the bike all it as got in 3/4 gear :)