Techniques for snow?

Sit back, feet forward and hold tight to your can of lager and TV remote. :guinness:

If you must ride then smooth as possible. Look for anything that will give you grip. If snow is melting hang back and wait for grip to come. If freezing then might be worth pushing on before it gets polished. If polished then try and get grip somewhere before the really bad bits and super smooth on the icy bits.

In deep snow I have found that higher tyre pressures can work better as treads stay cleaner. (look at rally cars in the snow -narrow tyres not big fat low profiles)- (ohh and studs).

:wall: If all else fails - big gears and lots of revs :rotfl:

Edited by jimmyl

hi there

if its a comp trial and you have to use trials tyres ,forget it stay at home or go and watch ,trials tyres are worse than useless in snow and ice (useless its wet and melting and you can cut through it to terra firma if its for fun riding and your flush ,slash out on some real studded ones like trelleborgs or a budget option is home stud some used mx tyres (if you go for studs youll need to put spacers on front mud guard and check clearance on rear{suspension compressed)as it might touch exhaust or something ps iam running home studdded on both trial and enduro superb fun

and amazing grip

givit a go yul lov it

Go early on the sections as they will ice n polish up. Go a gear higher than normal and dont touch the clutch, as speed is your friend.

As for me i concur with, Sit back, feet forward and hold tight to your can of lager and TV remote

Nightmare journey to trial, trials cancelled, salt on bike, Hose pipe frozen, bike rusty and missus P155ed off as normal.

Edited by smalley250

• 2 weeks later...