Stopping wheelies falling to side

tayto94

Hey all,

Right just a quick one. I trust my back brake no problem and body position going back is fine but whenever I get the front wheel up pretty high on slow wheelie I find myself falling off to one side. . . on the road bike I lean out to one side but never works too well. . . whats the best way of steering a slow wheelie or stop it falling to one side??? weight on pegs?

Edited by tayto94

iv been trying a bit of hopping on back wheel lately and have the same problem, i think looking ahead helps, as in where you want to go. and turning the handlebars to turn your shoulders and body weight to counter balance.

Yeah its more the starting from stop and up straight on the back wheel that it happens. I am trying the look ahead thing but is hard enough to get the hang of.

I have lways thought against turning the handlebars because if it comes down quick and wheel is turned it could end nasty!!

Let us know when you get the answer; I do the same; I think it's to do with getting front back balance right first then working on side to side

ha but i keep falling off to the side before i get a chance to work onthe front back bit!!!haha

This may not be necessary but this used to happen to me on my trials push bike, when i wheelie and do hops. I just kept practicing and practicing and eventually it went away. Hope this helps.

How do you steer the bike when on one wheel?peg weight or body weight?