Novice

adam1

Hi all,

just a quick hello, my name is Adam and i come from Burnley lancs, i dont have a bike at the min but i am on the look out for one. i used to have a 98 315 but only for a few weeks, so you could class me as a complete novice. I have quite a bit of experience on road bikes but not trials. I am looking for a bit of advice on which bikes are good/bad and wether to go 2 stroke or 4 stroke. A friend of mine has just bought a sherco 290 which i will be testing out on Fri but by all accounts they are a bit powerful :blush:

cheers Adam

yes a bit powerfull.250 should be top of your list.start with a cheap bike see how you get on,2 stroke would be best easyier to ride.its all down to rider.i saw many years ago mick andrews win a trial on a honda 50 1 mark lost.i rode same trial on a 250 and lost over one hundred marks.

Cheers for the replies guys, think i am going to go for a 250 or poss the 270 beta or maybe a 250 scorpa.

hi adam stick to 250 beta or scorpa have had both. scorpa ultra reliable 06 & onward better still ran one for four years no problembs at all .beta good bike but not as riliable.

I had a ride on my mates sherco 2.9 found it ok to be honest but it was wet and muddy so didn't feel the full potential, also had a ride on a montesa 4RT which i thought was ace loads of traction and low down grunt and quite easy to ride same again it was really wet so i imagine it has monster grip in the dry