Beta 4t vs 2.9?

mcman56

I have been riding a Beta 250 4t for 2 seasons now. Great bike. I am planning on getting rid of it to go back to a 290 EVO though. I never had a 02 290 Sherco but I did have an 06 290 Sherco. Hands down for me there is no comparison. Beta is smoother, better traction all the way around, better bike. Biggest complaint on the Sherco was the brakes or lack there of. They just dont compare. Beta. was easier to ride and maintain. Scores proved the rides. Had some air filter issues on the Sherco. Beta totally out turns the Sherco. Only reason I am not staying with the 4 stroke is price.

Dont know if any of the above helps but thats what my experience was....

Aaron

I have been riding a Beta 250 4t for 2 seasons now. Great bike. I am planning on getting rid of it to go back to a 290 EVO though. I never had a 02 290 Sherco but I did have an 06 290 Sherco. Hands down for me there is no comparison. Beta is smoother, better traction all the way around, better bike. Biggest complaint on the Sherco was the brakes or lack there of. They just dont compare. Beta. was easier to ride and maintain. Scores proved the rides. Had some air filter issues on the Sherco. Beta totally out turns the Sherco. Only reason I am not staying with the 4 stroke is price.

Dont know if any of the above helps but thats what my experience was....

Aaron

Thanks for the input. What year was your 4t? Did it have the suspension linkage? How does it do on big rock steps...compared to a two stroke? I guess that is my real concern.

Mine is an 08 250 4t. Still a Rev still linkless. I felt it was excellent on steps. You have to get comfortable with the fact that it does things slower. Still goes just fine. Takes some adjustment in timing. My only complaint and its my fault but I do not splatter well with it. Things I hit with the 2 stroke easily still take me several tries to do well on the 4t. Cant explain it. Other riders on the same bike will do it fine but I struggle.

Suspension wise I would still rather have the linkless. I just like it better. Been riding a linkless since 2000 and if it was an option on the Evo I would have it.

Aaron