white bros in administation

fantic200

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i couldnt belive it when my friend said that white brother were in administation

IF this is correct then its very sad news - I have personally known and dealt with Derek and co over many years and I always found them to be very straight and honest people to do business with - I for one hope they can find a way through it.

mototrcycling boomed in the late 90's and early 21st century based on availability of cheap money. As money has become more expensive ( if you can get it at all) many are reviewing there 'must haves' and like cars, big ticket purchases have declined in number ironically sales of less expensive items phones tellys media etc have rocketed.

no ones evry going to make anything nore than a living from trials and barely that i suspect. although the resession is officially over ( and if your a teacher work in the nhs or other public services you might say what recession) for many it is still very real and belt tightening is very much the order of the day. look out of the window.. are there as many outdoor xmas lights down your street as there were last year..

sad to see an established name in difficulties ( although administration is far from a death sentance) and i'm sure we all hope that they can weather the storm and exit it to fight another day.

I reported this at the weekend, bloody shame

Recession over...................I don't think so, it's only just begun :rolleyes:

Now the Public Sector 'gravy trian' is gonna feel, what real life is all about :wall:

I heard yesterday, in the trade that Yamaha are going up 10% in Jan and all the other Japs will follow

4RT's will be

I reported this at the weekend, bloody shame

Recession over...................I don't think so, it's only just begun :rolleyes:

Now the Public Sector 'gravy trian' is gonna feel, what real life is all about :wall:

I heard yesterday, in the trade that Yamaha are going up 10% in Jan and all the other Japs will follow

4RT's will be

They can increase prices all they want, the buying public want "deals", so they will simply not buy! Simple as that, if you don't have the money or can't get it, it aint gonna happen!

Big John

Totally agree, can't keep just rising prices when people aren't buying already

Shame about White Bros.............long time since they opened in 1919

''Totally agree, can't keep just rising prices when people aren't buying already''

they can and will for the foresseable future. money is expensive to borrow so that impacts the cost base, oil prices are high, gas and electric prices are increasing and thus so does the cost base, the number of units sold are down so economies of scale are eroded so cost base rises. its all simple basic stuff a generation are going to have to learn to save for stuff rather than buy on the never never and it wil be a painful process. only those in recession proof public sector jobs ( eg teachers breaking up now for 3 weeks off) will be able to carry on as normal ( we spend more on pensions for teachers each week than the salaries of all our armed forces each week..)

sad to say that any business with borrowings and with a product where alternatives are available for less money is goingto struggle for in 2011

Only those in recession proof public sector jobs will be able to carry on as normal

Ain't that the rub......................the public sector IS NOT recession proof..................haven't you heard yet, 20% are going straight to Jobcentre Plus in 2011 :biggrinsanta: Merry Christmas

There will be no money in the economy in 2011, low interest rates haven't worked, quantative easing hasn't worked.............what's next - public sector - 'slash and burn'

Inflation is rising, cost of living is rising - but there is no money in the economy............unemployment is rising and will maybe top out at 4million in the next 2 years

Business failures will continue

Grim reading ain't it

Welcome to UKPLC 2011...............and 10 years of pain

Hells bells not christmas bells for you boys. Its certainly doom and gloom with you. Chill out its christmas, enjoy it, embrace it then refelct on it. Posativity not negativity. Yeah its a fact we as a nation are having problems. We didnt complain when bikes were so cheap did we? New one every year for many i rememeber those days. Good times. Merry Christmas to you all.

''Totally agree, can't keep just rising prices when people aren't buying already''

they can and will for the foresseable future. money is expensive to borrow so that impacts the cost base, oil prices are high, gas and electric prices are increasing and thus so does the cost base, the number of units sold are down so economies of scale are eroded so cost base rises. its all simple basic stuff a generation are going to have to learn to save for stuff rather than buy on the never never and it wil be a painful process. only those in recession proof public sector jobs ( eg teachers breaking up now for 3 weeks off) will be able to carry on as normal ( we spend more on pensions for teachers each week than the salaries of all our armed forces each week..)

sad to say that any business with borrowings and with a product where alternatives are available for less money is goingto struggle for in 2011

Teachers do not get 3 weeks off at christmas, you are talking out your ar$e.

The teachers of this country by and large do a brilliant job, if you think its so easy why don't you do it?

Ain't that the rub......................the public sector IS NOT recession proof..................haven't you heard yet, 20% are going straight to Jobcentre Plus in 2011 :biggrinsanta: Merry Christmas

There will be no money in the economy in 2011, low interest rates haven't worked, quantative easing hasn't worked.............what's next - public sector - 'slash and burn'

Inflation is rising, cost of living is rising - but there is no money in the economy............unemployment is rising and will maybe top out at 4million in the next 2 years

Business failures will continue

Grim reading ain't it

Welcome to UKPLC 2011...............and 10 years of pain

very true but why have we heard diddly squat about whats happened to the banks and city bonuses?