200 MINARELLI FANTIC FOOTREST MODS

lee harris

• 1 month later...

• 2 years later...

I moved mine back and slightly down but I did it with the bare frame no wheels engine etc.The plan was 1" down and back but I think the angle I had the frame at meant I did not drop them down quite as much but still lower than standard, appox 3/4"

Jumping from the Gas Gas to the Fantic and just looking at the footrest shows that they are still much higher on the Fantic but for some reason this position seems to suit me. The only awkward bit is actually starting on a steep uphill section as it is a bigger step up than the Gas Gas if that makes sense. I was planning to have another go at lowering them but the bike feels so right to ride that I am going to leave them where they are.

Wider footrest kits

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIALS-BIKE-FOOT-RESTS-FIT-GAS-GAS-BETA-SCORPA-SHERCO-MONTESA-TWINSHOCK-PRE-65-/181230717384?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item2a323149c8

Just the brackets

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIALS-WELD-ON-FOOT-REST-BRACKETS-TWINSHOCK-PRE-65-FANTIC-BULTACO-MONTESA-OSSA-/350890181599?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item51b2af43df

The clutch on my bike is extremely light as standard. When I was rebuilding it I read about clutch lightening so left the standard 30 year old springs in. No clutch slip and a lever action that is easy enough with one finger with a short lever. If I was looking for a lighter clutch action I would look at fitting 6 lighter springs than leaving a couple of stronger springs out.

Being riding mine a couple of months and absolutely loving it. What a great bike.

• 1 month later...