New bike

adam1

Hi,

pour 80ml of oil into a measuring jug, then pour that into a can of fuel with 5litres of super unleaded, shake it up a bit and pour into bike. You can use either a light gear oil or atf in your gear box. Good luck with your new bike.

p.s. make sure you use a fully synthetic oil like castrol tts or similar.

cheers

Hi adam

Use the ATF II in the gear box and change it often - say every 10 trials events - it is cheap enough and works really well in the Beta's.

If you are keen do the clutch modification at the top of the Beta forum.

I used to use fully synthetic 2 stroke oil at 70:1 - Hunt out the Putoline Trials it is good stuff.

Hi adam

Use the ATF II in the gear box and change it often - say every 10 trials events - it is cheap enough and works really well in the Beta's.

If you are keen do the clutch modification at the top of the Beta forum.

I used to use fully synthetic 2 stroke oil at 70:1 - Hunt out the Putoline Trials it is good stuff.

Hi mate

without sounding thick what does this mod fix? as i havent been on my bike yet and i am new to trials bikes

Adam

For gearbox oil I would ask Steve Saunders, there is a good oil (I cant remember the brand) that he recommends if you have a bit of a sticky clutch. I would inspect the oil in the level window ) if your bike has one, it is easy to spot if it has changed colour or looks contaminated, on my 200 I once changed it after only 2 trials that were very wet as it looked slightly milky.

Edited by grindrod