Fantic 200 exhaust fitting

whizzy

....I've given up trying to sort this chinese puzzle in the past and just unbolted and removed the cylinder head..

I looked at that way but you can't tighten one of the head bolts then. Anyway i've done it now :-)

All engine bolts in postion, no tank or seat fitted. I just walked away, returned a hour later and it went on first time. i've no idea how to explain how i did it.

Thanks for your replies/sympathy.

seat and tank off and thread it through from the rear the front mount to the engine is the tricky bit dont fasten exhaust to frame until it is on at the exhaust cylinder head..

Just as Totalshell said....take your time and think about it as you are threading it forward from the rear. I just re-installed mine this evening. Once you get the hang of it, it can be done in a minute or so. Just twist and pull and angle the front through the frame, twist and take your time..once the front of the exhaust clears the front frame downtubes, twist and bolt it all together.

Sometimes you do just have to walk away for a few minutes. It's good to hear you have it re-installed...as you noticed, no need to remove the head, carb, or airbox.

Happy New Year,

Carl

Edited by cfraser