Bike advice

grindrod

Short history, I bought a rev3 200 3 years ago when I turned 50 to ride in the over 50 on a modern class, I also had a 200 Alp for green lanes and the odd LDT. I sold the rev3 as I found it difficult jumping off one bike onto the other, 3 years on and I would like a replacement for the rev3 as I now only do a few LDTs on the Alp as I now compete in car trials with a Beetle!

I liked the 200 but I had to move the bars back quite a bit and cut an inch off both ends being dimensionally challenged ! I always felt that it would have been better if I could have moved the footrests an inch forward. I experimented with footrests on the Alp, I found with them slightly forward I could steer it better, I do have quite a stiff back that doesn't help!

So what bikes should I look at? preferably with a right hand kickstart, years of kickstarting old British bikes means I can kickstart a Jumbo jet with my right leg but my left leg won't start a lawn mower!

How about the new Beta Alp, use one bike for both? Just take the tank cover off and your LDT bike becomes a trials bike.

Hi Pete , I do have the new Alp, it is best on a LDT where it's weight of 105kg is not a problem, I find it a bit tall and heavy for the club trials, not helped by my light weight (55kg)!!