gas gas txt pro chain tensioner

be interested to hear how other people do it, i have fitted 3 now and struggled my b######s off each time!! :angry:

I havent had to replace one yet, but the usual proceedure on this type of mechanism is to use a ziptye to secure the spring down, install the unit and cut the ziptye.

Jon

• 3 weeks later...

I havent had to replace one yet, but the usual proceedure on this type of mechanism is to use a ziptye to secure the spring down, install the unit and cut the ziptye.

Jon

If you pull the spring end back (in tension) you can put a ziptye around the arm and spring end. Install the assembly , tighten up and then cut the ziptye to release the end up against the swingarm. You can hold the end with a pair of pliers to ease it back up if you want.

Jon

• 1 month later...

Real easy to do!! the Zip Tie works like a charm. I used a piece of metal and zip tie'd it to the tensioner arm so that it stuck out long enough to get a zip tie on that end of the spring. Squezzed it in the vise and tightend zip tie. After you put the screw in cut Zip Tie's. Now that piece of Metal is in my tool box. Don't see any other way. And this works great no sore fingers. Thanks all for bringing up the Zip Tie thing. After making the right piece/tool of metal I have success. Thanks again!!

• 2 weeks later...

Took the chain tensioner off today, did'nt think we would get it back on again.....

Then we tried this......

gasgas001.jpg

gasgas006.jpg

gasgas005.jpg

Fastening the tensioner and spring using cable ties we had to remove the bolt through the suspension links took a few attempts but done it in the end.

gasgas002.jpg