clutch problem

haggerthegreat

hi people i am new to this game,i have just got myself a 270 txt 1999 which had no working clutch i have striped down and cleaned and bleeded system which is now working ( a bit )but have notice that cluth is slipping at times but when you pump it it work better but still not perfect, was wanted to know would this hold the push rod in if air was in the line :)

hi people i am new to this game,i have just got myself a 270 txt 1999 which had no working clutch i have striped down and cleaned and bleeded system which is now working ( a bit )but have notice that cluth is slipping at times but when you pump it it work better but still not perfect, was wanted to know would this hold the push rod in if air was in the line :)

No, air in the line just makes for a limp clutch lever. Typically,if the plates are slipping, pumping the lever might get the plates to slam back together a bit for a moment, but I would inspect for worn plates or weak springs I think? :rolleyes:

Might check that the pin on the lever where it enters the master cyl has just a bit of clearance to allow the MC piston to fully retract and open the return port for the fluid so there is no residual pressure held in the line. Look under that rubber boot for dirt as well, if you have not!

Edited by copemech

No, air in the line just makes for a limp clutch lever. Typically,if the plates are slipping, pumping the lever might get the plates to slam back together a bit for a moment, but I would inspect for worn plates or weak springs I think? :rolleyes:

Might check that the pin on the lever where it enters the master cyl has just a bit of clearance to allow the MC piston to fully retract and open the return port for the fluid so there is no residual pressure held in the line. Look under that rubber boot for dirt as well, if you have not!

thanks copemech for the reply have just notice that i have a small weep at the mc banjo fitting which needs sorted will see how things go after i fix the leak and then check the plates, thanks again will let ya know the out come :thumbup: