Chain lubrication

barfy

putoline dx11 chainlube.dont put it on just before you start the trial as it will fling of.after you wash your bike oil chain then.it will dispence all the water in the chain and have time to do what its supposed to do.

putoline dx11 chainlube.dont put it on just before you start the trial as it will fling of.after you wash your bike oil chain then.it will dispence all the water in the chain and have time to do what its supposed to do.

Agreed any chain lube will stay put if applied properly. Shake can well, ideally apply to a dry chain, and leave for at least 12 hours before use, to allow the propellant (which keeps the lube loose enough to spray) to evaporate.

I use Maxima Chain Wax. It lubes really well, stays put, and never have to degrease the chain. Wash is with water after a ride.... let it dry and relube. Done. Brilliant stuff, goes a long way, and the chain is lasting really well!

I have a shameful secret :gay: - nah !!! I was at a loss what to do with old gearbox oil, so I put it in an oil squirt can and apply this to the chain (top and bottom) and rub in with a toothbrush, then wipe off the excess with a rag. I've always been of the opinion that offroad the muck will cling to anything sticky on the chain.

I was at a loss what to do with old gearbox oil, so I put it in an oil squirt can and apply this to the chain (top and bottom) and rub in with a toothbrush, then wipe off the excess with a rag. I've always been of the opinion that offroad the muck will cling to anything sticky on the chain.

I have been doing this for years.

Lubricate the chain after a ride/cleaning.

Leave the bike standing over some paper or other absorbant material ( Her indoors hates oil on the carpet :D )

A short ride down the lane the next day, Wipe off the splashes off the wheel and surrounding areas, Jobs a good un :thumbup:

I have a shameful secret :gay: - nah !!! I was at a loss what to do with old gearbox oil, so I put it in an oil squirt can and apply this to the chain (top and bottom) and rub in with a toothbrush, then wipe off the excess with a rag. I've always been of the opinion that offroad the muck will cling to anything sticky on the chain.

I wip the chain off and leave it in a tub of old gear oil for a day or so leave to drain off and refit.

What is worse though,

A. A clean chain with very little lube on it? (WD40)

B. A well lubed chain with mud/grit sticking to it with every turn of the wheel forming a nice paste?

C. Another option......

Discuss.

old gearbox oil .... it in an oil squirt can and apply this to the chain (top and bottom) and rub in with a toothbrush, then wipe off the excess with a rag. I've always been of the opinion that offroad the muck will cling to anything sticky on the chain.

I have been doing this for years.

for c see above