Ishys wisdom required

toofasttim

Ishy,

You have an TRL250S sitting in the 'shed', in your opinion would that motorcycle be competitive today in the hands of most riders (i.e. clubman and excluding 'freaks' like Dougie and Fujigas)?

I was always under the impression that the RTLS was way ahead of it's time.

Tim, I have you have? not sure of your question.

I have an 89 RTL 250s, I rode it last year in a modern event and won! this year I rode it in one day of the modern US nationals and wasn't far off the money in my class.

Your question about the TLR, I used to ride this model in the UK, loved the bike

http://pages.infinit.net/glap/images/H1984_tlr250.jpg

The S, I think was made for the JAP, market??? same bike except the tank seat unit, sought after for the classic trials and twinshock class, Mick Andrews rode one in the TS class in the SSDT about 1993, he must of thought it was the best one for that class.

Is it still up to the job?, at club level, classic, twinshock, yes.

Don't let it rot away in the shed, if you are not going to use it, I will give you a fair price for it, shipping, take the bike apart, and in three boxes less than 70lb each!! ship each box as used MC parts with UPS, don't ship tires, tubes or handle bars, drain oil well out of engine.

Take a pic and lets all have a look at the beast.

Andy needs to move this to the correct forum :rolleyes:

Edited by ishy

I had a tlr250 in top condition completly standard and rode it for a year in the UK classic series after riding a sherpa for numerous years. The bike had some of the best suspension and brakes of a twinshock but had strange grip, and had a nasty habit of coughing then stalling just off tickover. Idid some serious work on the sherpa and got better results.

Horses for courses. A good low maintenance bike but depending where you are coming from (modern?) may or may not be ideal.

Fine for an easy course bike.