headsteady

bondy

FWIW my 340 also has the alloy one as does a couple of others that i know of. Dont get what the big deal is it's an easy enough item to make :chairfall:

One of the best answers in this thread IMHO, had first to figure out the meaning of FWIW is. :thumbup:

I do like to keep calm and to show confidence too and I dislike anything showing to be too keen to do well.

One of the best answers in this thread IMHO, had first to figure out the meaning of FWIW is. :thumbup:

I do like to keep calm and to show confidence too and I dislike anything showing to be too keen to do well.

still waiting for apology or at least " I may have got it wrong"?

I do plan to make one, but as I have never seen one in the flesh and the couple of photos I have are bikes with the tank on, its difficult to work out what they actually look like.

Thanks Greg

mail me greg and i will try to photo the couple of 340's i have with them on, the best bit is the lump that fits on the cylinder head, very sturdy.

still waiting for apology or at least " I may have got it wrong"?

Hello Mr. Dabster, why taking it so personal?

There is nothing to apology, or getting wrong for my part.

At first let us remember that any message that is posted here expresses the

personal view of the author.

Second as already stated from my personal view, the later headstead is an

improvement, look under post #11.

Third as mentioned in my personal view, the earlier headstead was difficult

to mount and disassemble and could be bended while mounting. Bending

a cold pressed steel component weaken it's structure. Look under post #11 too.

Forth it is fact that after the bankrupty of bultaco, there did not exist any executive board

or development division. The operation of the factoy was an offical social program by the

goverment for the reminding workers there. The production run was controlled by the

workers itself. There only exist an assembly, - no processing -, therefor there do not

exist any kind of part's book and the later Bultacos Sherpas that where assembled had

sometimes different technical equipments.

Fivth, if there is no dokumentation of the work that was done, (here the production run

of the later bikes), it is incorrect to give a statement as an evidence when there is

no prove.

I always appreciate the friendlyness, commen sense and the regardful acquaintance

in this forum, why are you so harsh, there is no need?

Hello Mr. Dabster, why taking it so personal?

There is nothing to apology, or getting wrong for my part.

At first let us remember that any message that is posted here expresses the

personal view of the author.

Second as already stated from my personal view, the later headstead is an

improvement, look under post #11.

Third as mentioned in my personal view, the earlier headstead was difficult

to mount and disassemble and could be bended while mounting. Bending

a cold pressed steel component weaken it's structure. Look under post #11 too.

Forth it is fact that after the bankrupty of bultaco, there did not exist any executive board

or development division. The operation of the factoy was an offical social program by the

goverment for the reminding workers there. The production run was controlled by the

workers itself. There only exist an assembly, - no processing -, therefor there do not

exist any kind of part's book and the later Bultacos Sherpas that where assembled had

sometimes different technical equipments.

Fivth, if there is no dokumentation of the work that was done, (here the production run

of the later bikes), it is incorrect to give a statement as an evidence when there is

no prove.

I always appreciate the friendlyness, commen sense and the regardful acquaintance

in this forum, why are you so harsh, there is no need?

get a life

I was working on my 340 last night so whilst the tank was off I took a couple of pictures of the alloy head steady.

I can't post photos on here so if someone who can will PM me their email address I'll email them to you and you can post them.

• Like 1

This is the steady supplied by the factory on the last few bikes a f a i k. Dimensions can be summised from photos if you dont have the middle bracket to top frame tube that can be added near to photo for its not crucial in placement.

I drilled two smaller hole in mine as well.